Climate chamge march

valve37
Community Member
While the world struggles with ebola, ISIS and Ukraine these fanatical climate change bozos are on the march. http://peoplesclimate.org/logistics/
"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Climate chamge march

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Climate chamge march

So, your saying that the environment doesn't hold, at least, the same importance as these other issues.

So I have to ask, what flavour was the Kool-aid?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Climate chamge march

"So, your saying that the environment doesn't hold, at least, the same importance as these other issues." Genocide, people being beheaded, ebola needing containment, those issues at this time demand a greater importance.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Climate chamge march

"those issues at this time demand a greater importance. "

Where does it say that taking care of the environment and protecting this planet for our grandchildren prevents you from solving other urgent problems? ... or at least working to solve them?

There is nothing preventing our governments from taking action on climate change - except maybe for the big money coming from industry and filling the pockets of some politicians.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Climate chamge march

I think we have a denier.

You must support Stephen Harper.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Climate chamge march

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Climate chamge march

I think a balance is needed but I agree the importance of the Genocide and Soverignty or countries and the ebola is much more important at this exact time .. I also think this climate change is messed up in someways like how people say the polar bears should be labelled endangered but yet we have the highest polar bear popluation right now and slowly increasing but enviromental activist have used polar bears for a political boost forever and a day now ... Just a little copy and paste from 1 of the million articles out there The latest government survey of polar bears roaming the vast Arctic expanses of northern Quebec, Labrador and southern Baffin Island show the population of polar bears has jumped to 2,100 animals from around 800 in the mid-1980s. As recently as three years ago, a less official count placed the number at 1,400. The Inuit have always insisted the bears' demise was greatly exaggerated by scientists doing projections based on fly-over counts, but their input was usually dismissed as the ramblings of self-interested hunters. As Nunavut government biologist Mitch Taylor observed in a front-page story in the Nunatsiaq News last month, "the Inuit were right. There aren't just a few more bears. There are a hell of a lot more bears."
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Climate chamge march

owlgebra
Community Member

I'm sorry valve but you are way off base in several ways. Where do you get this "fanatical" impression? Where do you get the idea that the several billion of us don't have the available people to think about the variety of problems that need addressing? And why "bozos"? Do ever read science magazines, National Geographic, anything like that? Or is it always through political media with speakers and writers who aren't exactly from a science background that you hear about things in the world.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Climate chamge march

I can't speak for what professional environmentalists have to say as I barely pay attention to them, but from what I understand the concern from scientists is, is that if we are headed for far less ice in the summers of the Arctic in several decades from now, then it is logical to be concerned about how well the bears might be doing at that time. So I took it as an early "heads-up, let's pay attention over the next few decades about this thing" kind of message, not a message that in 2014 we would think they are dying out immediately. So much of this stuff is long term compared to a human lifetime and we would be suprised to notice anything so soon, but to scientists trained to think in geological epoch lengths of time, it's very much on their radar of what to consider since a hundred years is like nothing compared to say, how long it takes a continent to drift a mile or two.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Climate chamge march

"A foundation tied to the Rockefeller household, heirs to the Common Oil Co. fortune, Monday announced it is joining other groups in exiting coal and tar sands investments. "

WOW!

http://www.dailynewsen.com/local/rockefeller-brothers-fund-exiting-fossil-fuels-toronto-star-h267319...

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Climate chamge march

It must be very hard for you to continue to support your guy and his rhetoric.  I assume that's why you are forced to resort to inappropriate comments.

ha, ha, ha!

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Climate chamge march

Apple CEO Cook: And One More Thing … Climate Change Is a Really Big Deal

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-ceo-cook-one-more-155345480.html

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Climate chamge march

ISIS minor problem, despite the political intrigue. Easily solved and will be, it's just no one is telling us anything.

Ebola, definitely a problem and can and will be solved. 

Ukraine, their problem.

Climate change, a world problem. The world has gone through climate changes and probably always will, but since the start of the industrial revolution, we've given it a big Push! There are people who see this and they want something done now! There are others however who will wait till they're up to their butts in alligators before thinking "maybe we should have drained the swamp". 

Photobucket
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Climate chamge march

Welcome back, Prior Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Climate chamge march

Greetings Pierre. I haven't really been gone. I've popped into look but nothing much of interest to discuss and some things have been discussed to death. The board isn't what it use to be, of which some of that is good and some not so good. But alas that is the nature of 'change' although I've always been a firm believer that it if it 'ain't broke.....etc etc' Good to see you're still kick'in and still the Master of Ebay information. 

Photobucket
Message 15 of 15
latest reply