Fashion Archeologist

3 REPLIES 3

Fashion Archeologist

Yes, it is.  A reporter from CBC Nova Scotia did the story, and apparently it was getting so much attention that they decided to upgrade it to the CBC national news website front page.  Can't ask for much better than that!  

Interestingly, the reporter told me that CBC has a spelling policy that prohibits them from using the British spelling for "archaeologist" (which is the only one I've ever used), so they were obliged to refer to me as a "fashion archeologist" in the story.  Rather silly, but it was something they couldn't change (I asked).  It's a minor point anyway. 

Although I've had a fair amount of exposure in the States amongst the historical costuming community and local media, I've been trying for years to get some attention in Canada, so I was delighted that CBC did this story.  

Do you think this might help to make eBay want to keep me?  I've been struggling, as many of us "boutique" sellers have, to hang on. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Fashion Archeologist

I don't know if it will make any difference to ebay, lol.

I thought it was you the minute I saw it.  Well done!!!!!!

- Judith

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Fashion Archeologist

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts! 

I'm hoping the exposure may do some good in the other venues on which I sell.  Unfortunately where this site is concerned I feel that every time I get a bit of boost forward that might help, eBay does something else that knocks me backwards.  I'm sure I'm not the only seller who feels this way. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply