Harper was critical of payouts by the past Liberals........but

.......Harper is not much different

OTTAWA — The Prime Minister’s Office coughed up $4.1-million in severance and separation pay over the first seven years of Stephen Harper’s tenure for 196 departing PMO employees, according to government documents.

The high turnover rate in the PMO between 2006 and 2013 saw between roughly one-third and one-fifth of staff leave each year, often with both severance and discretionary separation payments.

Approximately $57-million in salary was paid between 2006 and 2013 to staff in the Prime Minister’s Office. The office ranged in size from 82 to 105 employees during that time. The $4.1-million taxpayers shouldered for exiting PMO employees was part of an overall total of $31-million in severance and separation pay that shelled out to staff in all ministers’ offices since the Conservative government won power in 2006.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Harper 3.jpg

Photobucket
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

valve37
Community Member

A pittance, consider the 2014 budget is 276.3 billion - $276,300,000,000. Severances are normal business, I got one! Stevie%20003.jpg

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

''A pittance''

Whoaa! Must be nice to have so much money that belongs to the tax payers that he can afford to throw some away to his friends. How about a new school or two on reservations? How about a donation for more help for veterans, especially since we have an unusual high suicide rate? How about some cleanup of rivers or lakes under the jurisdiction of the Feds?

In the end the Sponsorship Scandal concluded that $2 million was awarded in contracts without a proper bidding process, $250,000 was added to one contract price for no additional work, and $1.5 million was awarded for work that was never done, of which $1 million had to be repaid.......but you think it's fine for Harper to award his friends 31 MILLION?

Photobucket
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

In church I heard a sweet elderly lady in the pew next to me saying a prayer. It was so innocent and sincere that I just have to share it with you:

"Dear Lord, This sure has been a tough four to five years. You have taken my favorite actor Patrick Swayze, my favorite musician Michael Jackson, my favorite Blues Singer Amy Winehouse, my favorite actress Elizabeth Taylor, my favorite singer Whitney Houston.....and now my favorite author Tom Clancy!

I just wanted you to know that my favorite politicians are Stephen Harper, Dalton McGuinty, Kathleen Wynne, Mike Duffy, Pamela Wallin, Rob Ford, Dwight Duncan and that Trudeau kid. Amen"

1497481_10152239867593132_2015024633_n.jpg

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Well you have a 50-50 split, half Libs, half Cons.........at least you're an equal opportunist.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 6
latest reply