Major Hack in Europe

Many critical sites have been hacked in Europe.

Ransomware  is the action..... Ransomware can kill everything on one's computer

Always be careful what you do..... and today..... be very careful in responding to emails.

There is no indication that eBay has been affected in Europe..... but.. Sellers be careful

We do not want this to crawl in through a back door.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Major Hack in Europe

Individuals can get Ransomware on their computers..  Many such instances are reported on the internet

My computer was hit several years ago.

This is why Individuals must update their protection programs.... My programs that need updates are Norton Internet Security... and Windows 10.

NEVER assume that individual computers will not be targeted...

Owners of Macs will be excused... but you never know what just might happen!

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Major Hack in Europe

It is highly recommended that everyone read the following article

The link has already been included in a previous reply..

But... Here it is again

http://abcnews.go.com/International/researcher-accidentally-stops-spread-unprecedented-global-cybera...

Of note. ......

Fed-Ex in the US was attacked ... and perhaps other companies who choose to remain "quiet"

Microsoft includes protection with its update to Windows

Always be vigilant....  No seller on eBay can afford such an attack

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Major Hack in Europe

Major Hack in Europe

Slightly different account of the 'kill switch' angle from another news source. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/researcher-22-unintentionally-discovered-kill-switch-that-halted-worldwi...

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Major Hack in Europe

Update ... Update... Update.... Windows.

Monday morning is here.....  Many are back at work...  and computers are ... frozen with Ransomware.

Where did the problem occur.....

On computers not protected.....  If Windows has not been updated.... Now is the time..

My computer updates automatically on a regular basis.

In countries  where people are relative unsure of what to do...  or quite new to the new world of using a computer.

This is a true wake up call for all of us ....   Each of us must learn what to do.....  Our selling data is sacred

Message 25 of 25
latest reply