Now this is fast service.

I bought something on the river.ca today, and it is going to be delivered tomorrow by UPS.  It cost about $190 CDN total with free shipping and weighs about 10 lbs.  This is a new item I would not buy used.  

I could have bought it on ebay but then it was going to cost me $220 CDN plus $41.12 USD postage and import charges and it would have taken at least 2 weeks to get it.  There was one in Canada selling this item and they wanted $274.30 CDN with $18.40 CDN shipping with a 97% seller rating. 

I have purchased a number of things on the river and have been very impressed.  I don't know what it is like for sellers over there but for buyers it is very good. 

I can see why there is ebay loses to the river. This is major competition. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have had a similar experience as a buyer. I still primarily use eBay to purchase things for myself, but for things that I need brand new (such as for gifts) I can often find them for a better price on "that site".
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@musicyouneed wrote:

I bought something on the river.ca today, and it is going to be delivered tomorrow by UPS.  It cost about $190 CDN total with free shipping and weighs about 10 lbs.  This is a new item I would not buy used.  

I could have bought it on ebay but then it was going to cost me $220 CDN plus $41.12 USD postage and import charges and it would have taken at least 2 weeks to get it.  There was one in Canada selling this item and they wanted $274.30 CDN with $18.40 CDN shipping with a 97% seller rating. 

I have purchased a number of things on the river and have been very impressed.  I don't know what it is like for sellers over there but for buyers it is very good. 

I can see why there is ebay loses to the river. This is major competition. 

This is also a bit of an apples and oranges comparison.  Sounds like the item on Amazon shipped directly from a Canadian location, whereas what you found on eBay shipped from the United States.

The last item my wife purchased from an Amazon seller based in the United States went through a consolidation process similar to the Global Shipping Program and took twenty days to reach her from date of purchase.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply