Can't leave feedback because eBay customer service opened a case I did not want.

Hi there,

A little under a month ago I had a mix up with delivery with an item on eBay.  It stated that it had been "delivered", but I had not received the item.  I called eBay to inquire about who the GSP ships with once in Canada.  The "customer service guy" was super confused and said that if I hadn't received it and it said delivered that he had to open an "Appeal Case". I told him no... I just wanted to know who the shipping courier was, as then I could contact them.  He continued on and on about this "Appeal Case" and said he'd put it through.  I finally asked why, because it had nothing to do with the seller and this wasn't the sellers fault I just wanted to know the courier to contact.

Long story short, he put the Case through and I got a message in my eBay account almost instantaneously saying my "request for a refund was denied because it's marked as delivered".  I was never asking for a refund and I felt horrible so I sent the seller a message saying eBay had screwed up. He was understanding.  A few days later my package ~mysteriously~ arrived from somewhere (mis-delivered maybe?) and I went to leave feedback for the item.  It thought it had let me on my phone, but I just got a message from the seller saying he'd appreciate feedback. Apparently it won't post because this stupid Case shows that I never got the item???

i don't want to call eBay back again - they have NO IDEA what they are doing. But I feel bad because this seller deserves his positive feedback.  Is there anything I can do to get him his feedback? There's no option for me to leave it anywhere that I can see and because of this whole mess, the item isn't even showing up under my "Purchases" link anymore.

Thanks. Sorry for the novel. This has been an ongoing issue for me and I'm so frustrated!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can't leave feedback because eBay customer service opened a case I did not want.

You didn't get your purchase.

Tracking showed delivered.

You called Customer Service.

Neither you nor the rep realized this was a Global Shipping Program shipment.

The delivery was to an address in Kentucky-- the GSP plant.

The case was denied, because the seller had delivered, as she is supposed to , to the GSP plant.

The purchase was delivered later.

You want to leave feedback ,but cannot.

Losing complainants in disputes cannot leave feedback.

The Customer Service reps have a poor reputation with members for misunderstanding problems.

There is no way to leave feedback for your seller.

You can leave a Response to any feedback he might have left and do so indefinitely.

Tracking is a Seller Protection and has little use for the buyer except to give him the warm fuzzies.

As you learned, when the seller shows the item delivered, any report of non-delivery fails.

And in this case, the item was delivered to the GSP, who then took responsibility for wrangling the purchase across the border, paying appropriate duty and sales taxes and having it delivered securely to your doorstep by a sub-contractor-- usually Canada Post.

Most parcels are delivered within about 20 days.

EBay gives you a window of several days for delivery, which personally I think is optimistic.

This is how to track a parcel purchased with GSP shipping.:

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You didn't get your purchase.

Tracking showed delivered.

You called Customer Service.

Neither you nor the rep realized this was a Global Shipping Program shipment.

The delivery was to an address in Kentucky-- the GSP plant.

The case was denied, because the seller had delivered, as she is supposed to , to the GSP plant.

The purchase was delivered later.

You want to leave feedback ,but cannot.

Losing complainants in disputes cannot leave feedback.

The Customer Service reps have a poor reputation with members for misunderstanding problems.

There is no way to leave feedback for your seller.

You can leave a Response to any feedback he might have left and do so indefinitely.

Tracking is a Seller Protection and has little use for the buyer except to give him the warm fuzzies.

As you learned, when the seller shows the item delivered, any report of non-delivery fails.

And in this case, the item was delivered to the GSP, who then took responsibility for wrangling the purchase across the border, paying appropriate duty and sales taxes and having it delivered securely to your doorstep by a sub-contractor-- usually Canada Post.

Most parcels are delivered within about 20 days.

EBay gives you a window of several days for delivery, which personally I think is optimistic.

This is how to track a parcel purchased with GSP shipping.:

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you so much for your response!
What a bummer. I feel so bad and like a terrible buyer. The seller had already left me positive feedback (as my payment was instantaneous), so that doesn't seem to be an issue... he just doesn't get the positive feedback that he deserves for doing everything right.

I knew it had gone through the GSP and it did not say "Delivered" until it had reached Canada and (apparently) after a local sort facility where it was picked up. I'm really mad that the customer service representative jumped the gun and put an appeal through - I may call eBay back and ask them if it is possible to remove the case fully. It probably can't be done, but I feel like it's worth a shot so that the seller gets his proper positive feedback.

Thank you, once again.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply