How do I stop getting watched item notifications?

I never used to get these.  Suddenly I'm getting e-mails about all my watched items ending.  Many, I'm just watching out of curiosity and not intending to bid.  Or I wanted to bookmark them.  I don't want notices about them all.  I've searched "help" and all I can find is stuff about "apps", none of which I have.  These aren't smartphone notifications; they're e-mails on my desktop computer.  I've also been through the "communication preferences" page and can't find anything.

I didn't sign up for them.  Can someone tell me how to turn these off, please and thanks?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You are the only person who knows, that you are not intending to buy.  Ebay wants to make sure a potential buyer does not miss out on an item.  The only way to "switch off" is to stop watching.  As a seller, I wish you would.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you go into your account preferences while on a desktop computer, there should be a setting near the bottom which allows you to unsubscribe to the 'watched item' email reminders. You may have accidentally subscribed to more than you realize if you recently upgraded something on any device that you use to look at ebay listings. I get few to no emails from ebay but far too many 'notifications' to the bell that suddenly appeared on the top-right when you view ebay on a desktop.

As to watching items that you don't intend to buy, it's all perfectly fine and dandy to do, but you should be aware that if you are bookmarking out of curiosity an item that you feel is violating some conditions and/or terms, for example, you will instead be helping that seller achieve a higher standing in search results because ebay will assume that you are interested in it and therefore it must be in a good way interesting to others. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If you mean communication preferences -->buyer-->buying activity-->watch alert, that's the only thing I found, and it was already set to 'none'. I switched it back and forth and re-saved... Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
I might watch an item that I think is interesting, that I might like to have but can't purchase right now, or that I want to think about buying in the future. Not sure where the idea about items "violating conditions" comes from...
(Or, it might be an item that I'd like but the seller is using Global Shipping Program, so I've bookmarked it to remember to look elsewhere for one.)
Thanks for your answer.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Don't worry, I'm not watching any of yours. As only a very occasional seller, I've long ago learned that 'watchers' don't mean anything and not to get my hopes up. 99% of them have never bought anything from me -- based on items that end unsold, with watchers. Oh well!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply