How to tell ebay there is something wrong with their website?

The prices on unlocked (and ordinary) smartphones has suddenly skyrocketed to over 7 thousand US dollars - there is definitely something wrong with the posted prices on these. I have tried to contact a few sellers, but I haven't heard anything back. You should check out this ad:

NEW Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 3G Factory Unlocked w/Warranty Titanium Gray - it is listed for$6,132.75 US!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Or maybe the sellers have been using commas instead of periods to list their asking prices.

Contact the seller, rather than eBay.

Or, wait until the last few hours of a badly overpriced listing for the phone you want and make a Best Offer. The seller will be glad of a buyer by then.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

A seller may ask whatever he or she likes for an item; eBay is pure supply and demand. I've seen sets of four average, everyday kitchen cleaning sponges listed for $7,000 USD. It doesn't mean I'm going to buy one and I really don't think it's my perogative to tell the seller that they're off their rocket but I do understand that's the kind of thing that bothers some people who frequent ebay occassionally.

Just move along, being very careful your mouse triggerfinger doesn't slip when it's passing over the Buy It Now button. And be sure to log-out when you're done using your device so that your kids or grandkids don't buy-it-now when you're not looking. Otherwise, my best advice is to shake your head and shake it off. 

p.s. I did look at the listing. It sold one at that price and has several people watching it (32 at last count) so the seller must be doing something right. With free (or cheap) international shipping to countries that probably have limited choices, you don't know that it's a bad deal there. We get everything cheap in North America. We just don't happen to realize that here amidst all of our other First World problems. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply