I just back from vacation but the eBay colsd my account. The reason is a buy return a item back to

kev246d
Community Member

I just back from vacation but the eBay colsd my account. The reason is a buy return a item back to me. Because he did not mark "return" so the border of CANADA charged me. Because I am on vacation so the item back to the buyer of USA. The buyer open a case. I am on vacation I did not do a good server for the buyer. I hope the eBay can give me a chance to improve my job. Maybe I open a store so they will know if I am on vacation.

i hope you can hep me reopen my account and I will pay more attention to the buyers with good service.

thanks

kevin 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I just back from vacation but the eBay colsd my account. The reason is a buy return a item back to

Your account (unless you are posting from another account) does not appear to be closed.

The case that your buyer had would have been closed in the buyer's favour, when you failed to accept the return.

Help & Contact link is at the bottom of the page.

Go to the Contact section to talk to the eBay support people.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

During a vacation, you had a cross-border (?) return.

The buyer did not mark it "returned goods" and when it arrived at your home, the carrier could not collect the applicable tax and duty.

• If he had, you could have received a refund on showing CBSA that this was returned merchandise. For future information.

When the shipment was not picked up, Canada Post sent it back to the buyer.

• Even if you have paid for a Hold on your mail while away, this is not applied to parcels. Sometimes, staff will cut some slack on this, but most POs are too busy to store bulky mail.

The buyer was even more unhappy and opened a Dispute.

• Did you respond to the Dispute? Sometimes communication is helpful.

Did you refund the buyer or did eBay refund and then charge you?

• If you refund eBay does not give you a Defect. If they have to chase you for the money, you do get a Defect.

I hope the eBay can give me a chance to improve my job.

• A single Defect is not the end of your career here. It is a warning. Two or more..... big trouble.

Maybe I open a store so they will know if I am on vacation.

• Stores do allow a seller to put the store on Vacation, and become invisible to buyers.
  • But you can do that without a Store too. All you had to do was end all your listings. They then go onto your Unsold List for 60days. No one can see them and you can reopen them when you return with a few clicks
  • There is no refund on the listing fees when you close them. You do pay again when you reopen the listings.

It is doubtful that eBay would close your selling account for this one problem. Since you have no listings at the moment, if eBay closed you down, I have to think there were already other Defects on your account and this was the last straw.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply