I need information about moving from US to Canada and how to proceed with my eBay account.

I have a US account and now I wish to sell from my home in Canada. Can I somehow bring my account to Canada so I keep my good standing?If so how would I go about doing that?

Thanks,

Terri

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I need information about moving from US to Canada and how to proceed with my eBay account.

Just start selling on ebay.ca. You don't need to create a new account. You can list using C$ and use calculated shipping on the Canadian site.

If most of your buyers are outside Canada, it might be better if you list using US$.

Or you can sell on ebay.com, but change the item location in your listings to Canada. You have to use flat rate shipping if you're shipping from outside the US.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I did change the item location to Canada, but i did not get the option to use Canada post. Do you mean flat rate shipping using Canada post? If so, how do I get my auction to give me the option to use C. post, if I am selling on ebay.com
Thanks so much for your help.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

To offer Canada Post as an option, you need to sell on ebay.ca (not .com).

If you want to sell on ebay.com, you need to choose "flat: same cost to all buyers" and then pick a generic shipping method (e.g. standard int'l shipping, economy shipping, etc.). You can then explain in your description that you use Canada Post as your carrier.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply