I signed up a couple of months ago and was urged to use US $.Now my new listings come up in C $

How does the application form get changed, when I clearly requested US $ for my sales?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I signed up a couple of months ago and was urged to use US $.Now my new listings come up in C $

EBay came up with a new way to confuse sellers.

Now new sellers are presented with the short Sell Your Item form as a default, and it only gives Canadian dollars as a currency.

Pffft.

Look for the Advanced Sell Your Item form.

It is longer but it gives you more choices, including the choice of currencies.

Although with the drop in the loonie, there may be some reason for listing in CDN for domestic buyers, most of our market is still in the USA.

Around the world, everyone understands the American dollar. More importantly, Americans understand nothing else.

I would give you a link to the Advanced Form, but I can't figure out how.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

When you list an item, you have the option of US or Can. $.  In the top left corner of the listing page there is a drop down menu.  Choose US $ and your listings will show US as the listing price.  It will also show the price in Can. $.  Buyers pay in US.  You cannot revise an existing listing, to change currency.  Always make sure it's set to US $ before you hit the "list" button.  Lately, when I listed, the option reverted to Can. $, so I'm thinking there's been a change, and we must reset for every new listing.  Cheers.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

EBay came up with a new way to confuse sellers.

Now new sellers are presented with the short Sell Your Item form as a default, and it only gives Canadian dollars as a currency.

Pffft.

Look for the Advanced Sell Your Item form.

It is longer but it gives you more choices, including the choice of currencies.

Although with the drop in the loonie, there may be some reason for listing in CDN for domestic buyers, most of our market is still in the USA.

Around the world, everyone understands the American dollar. More importantly, Americans understand nothing else.

I would give you a link to the Advanced Form, but I can't figure out how.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your help. I will see if I can find Advanced Sell in my account.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I can't find the Advanced Sell form anywhere. I have been to every spot and nowhere does it give me any access to the form I originally filled out, or an option to change currencies. I just don't get it. My re-lists still go back in US, but now they are limiting my re-lists. I thought when you signed up, it was a binding contract, and no-one had the right to change things at will??
Message 5 of 5
latest reply