Is there a number for eBay?

swat8358
Community Member

This website is bloody frustrating. All I want is an email or phone number for eBay. 

I bought something that is no longer available. The seller took payment and I have no way of contacting them. 

The transaction number and item number don't exist, according the eBay website. 

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If more than 60 days have passed since Purchase, you need to go to Paypal. 

Find the item in your Account Activity and open an Item Not Received case.

Your seller needs to provide a tracking number with proof of delivery and DON'T accept an offer of a replacement, no matter how tempting that may be, unless it is a seller who you already know and trust AND the item can be sent with tracking AND you can have it within about a week.

Offers to replace 'missing or lost items in transit' rarely end well for the buyer.

Watch your timelines and follow ALL the paypal case instructions to the very letter.

Once you have your refund, try again. Whether you chose that seller, or another, it is up to you.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@swat8358 wrote:

This website is bloody frustrating. All I want is an email or phone number for eBay. 

I bought something that is no longer available. The seller took payment and I have no way of contacting them. 

When was your purchase?

If older than 60 days you have to switch the ebay purchase view to a longer time period (2017/2016/2015), since the default viewing is only for the last 60 days.

If the payment was through paypal, then paypal has 180 days from time of purchase for you to make a claim -- and the purchase details will be with your paypal account -- along with a seller payment email contact address.

If the payment was via credit card, you can make a claim to your credit card company (depending on their protection limits).

You did try the Help and Contact page link (top & bottom of this page)?

The Contact Us section will usually cough up a phone number after stepping through the various choices. eBay does not use email, "support" is via phone.

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You really really don't want to talk to anybody who works in eBay customer service.

From reports we see here, applicants for the job are given an IQ test and are hired if they fail.

The Resolution Centres for both eBay and Paypal are automated and efficient.

All hail our robot overlords.

If the transaction has been removed from the eBay site , you have 180 days from payment, to open a Paypal transaction.

The PP Resolution Centre is on your PP account page at the top under Tools.

State in the dispute that the transaction is no longer listed on eBay.

If time is not the problem, then the transaction and the seller have been kicked off the site for bad behaviour. If the seller is Not A Registered User (NARU) state that in the dispute as well, it tends to speed things up.

BTW, if the seller is NARU, skip the suggestion that you contact the seller.

And all you want if you can contact the seller is an immediate refund. Nothing else will do.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply