Is there somewhere to leave feedback for the global shipping program

Gap is such b.s. I buy a $25 item that estimates $0.00 import fees after purchase it charges me $7 usd import fees such a load of **bleep** at most my fees would be a couple bucks must most likely nothing on such a small purchase.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Canada charges duty and Sales Tax on any import valued over $20 Cdn. (about $16US).

The GSP adds a ~$5 service fee.

If your $25 is in US dollars that's about $30 CDN and if you are in Alberta you'd certainly be charged GST of 5% +service charge even if the item was duty free.

So that's the $7 more or less.

CBSA has come to the sensible conclusion that it is silly for them to assess and collect import fees (usually mostly sales tax) when that will cost more than can be collected. So many Canadians dont' realize that the duty free line is so low.

The couriers like GSP MUST by law collect assess and collect duty and sales tax, which are then remitted to Canada.

If you were bidding in an auction the software does not know what the import fees will be until it has the final price and the buyer's location, since there are variables in both.

Ask a Question