Can't login to guest account via access code

chribolto9
Community Member

Hi there, I bought something via guest account, not realizing I had an account in the registration process using the same email. I need to return the item but the access code wont let me sign in, thereby not allowing me to start the refund process.

After changing the email address used on the actual account, I still cannot log in and there seems to be no way to initiate a password change on the guest account. 

This is incredibly frustrating, and would like to see this resolved as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Chris.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I think you will have to call Customer Service. Help & Contact and click through until you find something that resembles your problem and then call. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

airpay
Community Member

Same problem here - ordered an item as a guest, it never arrived, cannot login using the user/pword combo from ebay.

The problem (at least in Canada) is you can't contact ebay about it - its online inquiries system presumes you can login, and when I use my actual account, the transaction is not there (obviously) and I can't send an inquiry via my account.  

I wonder if I have to print out my confirmation email and physically mail it to ebay.  There doesn't seem to be any other way to check the status or make an inquiry regarding the item number and transaction ID.
No luck with the call-back option either.  Small cheap item so its not a huge loss, but still very frustrating.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply