email about an unpaid item but that's because i could not modify the order so i cancelled it

jlosq-1
Community Member

please resolve simple issue

could not modify the order once i confirmed the item i was buying so i cancelled the order!!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

email about an unpaid item but that's because i could not modify the order so i cancelled it

@jlosq-1 wrote:

please resolve simple issue

could not modify the order once i confirmed the item i was buying so i cancelled the order!!!

You are supposed to contact the seller when you want to cancel an order.

These forums are not read by eBay support staff. Use the Help & Contact link on this page.

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Reply to the seller and to eBay in the Dispute.

However, only the seller could cancel the transaction.

He can do this with a Cancellation, which allows the buyer to leave feedback or he can open an Unpaid Item Dispute which Blocks feedback from a non-paying bidder.

Both give the seller his selling fees back.

You did know that sellers pay to list and sell on eBay,right?

You can end the Dispute by paying.

Or you can refuse to pay, and get a Strike on your buying account.

Many, if not most, sellers have automatic Blocks against bidders with Strikes for non-Payment.

If you are not sure about an item, ask questions BEFORE bidding and if you are still uncertain, add it to your Watch List rather than bidding or even putting it in your Cart.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If you 'cancelled' the order, you wouldn't be getting emails about it being an 'unpaid item'.

Can you explain what it is that you did to cancel? Sellers don't have to honour a buyer request for cancellation. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply