Seller sold me dress # with custom measurements.

I used my account from email  when I purchased the dress, it came to me 5 inches to small from hips up to bust and way too long, as well was to be a lace back, but put a zipper in the back...absolutely NOT custom made.  Communicated with seller in regards to the dress because she kept saying I did not send measurements when I did.  Now I have a wedding dress that will never fit me and am very upset, saddened and angry, as seller has stopped communication with me.  I need another dress to my sizing.  I also believe the seller should pay for the returned dress, as absolutely not custom made to the measurements I gave and therefore their mistake for not checking the dress before sending out.  Help is needed here as my wedding is in December.  I will also take $125 reimbursement from the seller, as that is at least what it will cost me to get it fixed

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

mg152
Community Member
Was it a chinese seller? Their sizes are way smaller than here in the west. Have you contacted eBay? You should be able to get a full refund. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I know the dress is important but more important is that you have a happy life with the one you love. Married lady for almost 30 yrs. here! May your life be filled with joy! 🙂
RIP Jann & Charlie Keller. You followed each other to heaven too soon. We miss you both!

Be nice to other people! You don’t know what’s going on in their life.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

This is an Item Not As Described case. Straightforward.

Bad news, you will be required to return the dress to the seller using a Delivery Confirmed service. To China, that will cost you $40 or more and you will not be refunded the return postage.

You have 60 days to leave feedback. At that time you can also leave Detailed Seller Ratings which are much more important. The normal Rating is Five Stars. The lowest Rating is ONE STAR.

Since you have found a local seamstress to adjust the dress why not just have her make you a REAL custom made gown? If she can add five inches to bust and hip, she is obviously a genius.

I rarely sew much anymore, but my Mum was a professional from her apprenticeship at 13 until she did her last wedding at 80, and if she worked on just one dress, she could have it ready in under a week from pattern and fabric to "just add veil". 

And for less money than most bridal shops would charge.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

And I agree. Weddings are fun, but marriages are more important.

One day this will be part of your very funny 'wedding day blues and how we overcame them' story for your grandchildren.

I've been married for 46 years. Would do it again.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Femmefan, I concur. It'll be a funny story in less time than the OP thinks. I too, would do it all over again. Congrats on 46 years.
RIP Jann & Charlie Keller. You followed each other to heaven too soon. We miss you both!

Be nice to other people! You don’t know what’s going on in their life.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply