how to stop constant unwanted spam emails from ebay seller

I repeatedly receive spam emails from a seller. the emails contain links to items that they are selling on eBay. I must have purchased something from this seller in the past. They send out approx. 3 spam emails per week. Because they do not come from an ebay.com address, whenever i report the emails as spam to spoof@ebay.com, nothing happens !!! How can I get eBay to stop their seller to stop sending me spam emails ? I've emailed the seller tons of times to ask to be removed but have not received a reply, not once !! PLEASE HELP ME !!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello 'john-libby',

The presently moderated version of your post suggests you tried to post the seller's user ID. 

We are not allowed to do that.  This is just a member-to-member board so  no one of any

consequence will see it, sorry to say.

You'll know if you bought from this person because the seller's ID will still be in your feedback.

That 'spoof' address is usually for those dodgy emails posing as ebay invoices and the like,

aimed at getting people to send money to them.  If a seller chooses to bombard your regular

email independent of ebay there's not much ebay can do. 

Obviously you will have used your email program's BLOCK feature and added the seller's

address.  When one of these emails arrives, does your mail system not have a 'SPAM' feature

where you click it as spam without bothering to open it?

Is there any chance this seller was at one time put in your 'Saved Sellers' list?  It has been

renamed "Sellers you follow" (blechth!) but from the My eBay page, you can find this on the

left side column and check to make sure the seller is not there, -- and that neither you nor

any member of your family requested to go on the seller's mailing list.

Again from the My eBay page, when you select the Account tab and from the left side

choose Communication Preferences, - then click Show All over on the right,

If you scroll waaaay down you can find a Saved Sellers section (they haven't changed the

name there yet)  and see if the Include in email box is checked off for any you might have.

Be sure to SAVE if you make any changes.

Other than that, and apart from blocking any and all addresses that appear in your regular

email, I can't think of anything else to get rid of the person.  Funny that, -- how so many businesses

erroneously believe that if they bludgeon you half senseless with their wares they'll sell lots.

Best of luck Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hello 'john-libby',

The presently moderated version of your post suggests you tried to post the seller's user ID. 

We are not allowed to do that.  This is just a member-to-member board so  no one of any

consequence will see it, sorry to say.

You'll know if you bought from this person because the seller's ID will still be in your feedback.

That 'spoof' address is usually for those dodgy emails posing as ebay invoices and the like,

aimed at getting people to send money to them.  If a seller chooses to bombard your regular

email independent of ebay there's not much ebay can do. 

Obviously you will have used your email program's BLOCK feature and added the seller's

address.  When one of these emails arrives, does your mail system not have a 'SPAM' feature

where you click it as spam without bothering to open it?

Is there any chance this seller was at one time put in your 'Saved Sellers' list?  It has been

renamed "Sellers you follow" (blechth!) but from the My eBay page, you can find this on the

left side column and check to make sure the seller is not there, -- and that neither you nor

any member of your family requested to go on the seller's mailing list.

Again from the My eBay page, when you select the Account tab and from the left side

choose Communication Preferences, - then click Show All over on the right,

If you scroll waaaay down you can find a Saved Sellers section (they haven't changed the

name there yet)  and see if the Include in email box is checked off for any you might have.

Be sure to SAVE if you make any changes.

Other than that, and apart from blocking any and all addresses that appear in your regular

email, I can't think of anything else to get rid of the person.  Funny that, -- how so many businesses

erroneously believe that if they bludgeon you half senseless with their wares they'll sell lots.

Best of luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Canada has an anti-spam law.

If the sender is in Canada you can report them here

http://fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/eng/h_00017.html

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

unfortunately the seller is from China 😞

thanks for your reply regardless
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

thank you dmil8030 for your reply.

I checked and have no saved sellers at all

My email's spam rules are working and this spammer from China is now successfully blocked. I find it sooooooo strange that there is nothing eBay can do to this seller to stop them from stopping spamming other eBay members.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply