A winning bidder asked for local pickup. I agreed and took off the shipping charge. I only accept P

A winning bidder asked for local pickup for one of my auctions.  I agreed since she lived in my city and took off the shipping cost and sent her the invoice.  She keeps messaging me that she wants to come over, if I will give her my address and pay at the door.  I told her to please post Paypal payment as my listing requires and then I will give her the address to come pick up her item.  She is sending me messages that she will pay with Paypal on her smartphone at the door.  I tried a few times to politely ask her to make payment and she kept saying, "I will after I view the item".  I have perfect feedback and don't know why she is insisting on this?? Finally,  I told her I am unhappy with her suggestions,  and to please cancel the transaction.  She refuses and says to give her the address to pickup.  She has not paid.  Please supply any helpful suggestions.......

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A winning bidder asked for local pickup. I agreed and took off the shipping charge. I only accept P

So she is harassing you and may be fraudulent too. She is insisting you show her the item BEFORE she pays. I say never allow local pick up because you never know what may take place and who will show up at your door step. 

Go to the item you sold in your sold item page. To the right, you'll see "More Actions" and click on Solve a Problem. Take it from there.

Don't delete any of the messages you two have exchanged since this may be used for PayPal claim.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

For local pickup I only accept cash -- never paypal.

You have no protection for payments through paypal because you will have no proof of delivery.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

So she is harassing you and may be fraudulent too. She is insisting you show her the item BEFORE she pays. I say never allow local pick up because you never know what may take place and who will show up at your door step. 

Go to the item you sold in your sold item page. To the right, you'll see "More Actions" and click on Solve a Problem. Take it from there.

Don't delete any of the messages you two have exchanged since this may be used for PayPal claim.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the suggestions and help. Yes, this is what she was doing: insisting on seeing the item and deciding at the door if she would make payment. I will take your advice and not do local pick up again. Thanks. I left it for a day and said nothing back and she just made a Paypal payment and asked to pick it up. It's kind of awkward after all the fuss she's made and bartering to pay at the door. I've never dealt with someone like this and appreciate your help!!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your comment as well. I really appreciate it. I didn't think about the "no proof of delivery" so I will ask that she signs a receipt that she picked it up. At least it's something. As I mentioned to the other poster, I'll likely not do this "local pickup" thing again. Thanks for taking the time to answer. Great help!
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

A signed receipt is not proof to ebay that the buyer picked up the item. Ebay wants electronic proof like a delivery confirmation number. As ypdc_dennis said, only take cash with local pick ups. Hopefully your buyer will not file an not item received dispute after she takes possesion of the item. If an item is too big to ship, local pick up would be the best thiing but if something is shipable, that is the way to go even if the person lives in the same city.
**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

She's in the right.

The Good Thing about pickup is that the buyer can examine the product and the seller gets paid in cashy money. No Paypal fees.

Yes, she might decide the item is Not As Described and refuse the sale. Not every transaction is going to work out.

Arrange the meetup. You may prefer to meet at a public spot like Tim Hortons, rather than at your door. Most women would prefer that in any case (buyer or seller).

Accept cash only.

That's loonies. Moolah. Paper money.

No cheques, no credit cards and certainly no Paypal.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

No problem. Like the other eBay user said, PayPal transactions are proof of payment and shipment if you purchase and print your shipping label through it. It validates that the seller shipped the item with tracking number. Having the buyer pick up an item they're already fussing about shows no proof of payment since it's cash, and the buyer can simply open a claim in PayPal for "item not received" and the case may likely end in the buyer's favor. Many scammers out there.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply