the tracking number is not available yet

I just bought an item from ebay and shipped it to China a few minutes ago.I paid by PayPal. However, I couldn't see the tracking number. It's not available yet. Is it normal? And what should I do? 
Thank you very much!!!!!

QQ截图20140905235851.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since you are a new eBayer, I should assure you that your purchase is covered by eBay's Buyer Protection Policy for 45 days after purchase.

If the headphones have not been delivered by Day 40 after purchase, you can open an Item Not Received Dispute and if the seller cannot prove that you have received your headphones, you will be refunded in full.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Are you the buyer or the seller?

Did you buy an item which is located in Canada and ask the seller to ship it to an address in China?

August 6 is a  Saturday. Even if the seller took it to the local postal outlet it won't be picked up and put into the Canada Post mailstream until Monday, August 8.The tracking number may be visible on the Canada Post site then. But not before.

Did you buy an item which is located in China and ask the seller to ship it to Canada?

I don't know if China Post works weekends or not, but the seller has up to seven days to ship, before losing his Seller Protection. It will not appear on the Canada Post site until it reaches Canada and passes customs. It may be on the China Post site in a day or so, if the seller even uses tracking.

Tracking is expensive. Many sellers do not use it, preferring to insure their items against the minimal chance of loss or damage in the mail. The insurance covers their loss, not the buyer's loss.

In any case, if you are the buyer, a tracking number is useless. Except emotionally. Apparently buying online is very stressful for you. Is there a FutureShop in your area? That might save you distress.

Tracking numbers are only useful to the seller. If a buyer claims not to have received a purchase, the seller can show that the item was sent and received, and win the Dispute.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Since you are a new eBayer, I should assure you that your purchase is covered by eBay's Buyer Protection Policy for 45 days after purchase.

If the headphones have not been delivered by Day 40 after purchase, you can open an Item Not Received Dispute and if the seller cannot prove that you have received your headphones, you will be refunded in full.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you very much for your help!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply