Best way to ship a single trading card ?

landeskogg
Community Member

New to ebay, but not that new to shipping trading cards (yugioh, magic, etc).
I know 99.99% of people on ebay would like tracking on their items, and that's actually one thing I have not done before.

Let's say I'm here in Canada and I only want to ship one single trading card. Obviously I'll put the card in a sleeve and then a toploader. After that I'd get a small bubblemailer ($1.79 each) and put the card inside it. I know how to make the card safe and what npt, but I'm not too sure which shipping option is best for tracking in country and to the states.

Each package is gonna be under 500g and the bubblemailer is only 15.24cm X 22.86cm / 6 in. x 9 in.
I will also most likely be shipping from Canada Post.

For inside of canada: Do I use economic services, standard services, expedited services, or express services? I only want tracking and I'm guessing 1-10 business days for shipping would be the best. Not more than two weeks.

To ship to the states: there is literally so many options and theyre not categorized so I;m not too sure which to take. But again, I only want tracking and 1-10 business days preffered. I know this will obviously be more since its outside of country.

If anyone could help me with what options to take, that would be great

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Best way to ship a single trading card ?

What is the value of the card?

Actually how much did you pay for the card (including your eBay and PP costs)?

And how much did you sell the card for?

My books and dress patterns cost me very little, less now that the loonie has dropped. In fact, the drop in the loonie has been enough for me to continue "Free" shipping which I used last fall when I reopened my selling after some time off.

But  readers and sewers the kind of people who like to read and to follow instructions.

Is this true of gamers?

If it is-- go ahead and use LetterPost/LightPacket. You are very unlikely to run into problems with false claims of non-dleivery.

And remember, that is what tracking is about. Proving that an item has or has not arrived. That's all it does.

If you are less trusting *cough*gamergate*cough*, then use the cheapest service that gives you Confirmation of Delivery.

Or add to your cost of selling a few pennies for Cookie Jar Insurance. That just means that you toss a virtual nickel or dime into a virtual Cookie Jar when you sell an item. (It may be in your asking price or in your shipping and handling fee.)

If you get a phoney claim, or even one that you are just suspicious about, refund from the Cookie Jar, slam your hand against the wall, add the twit to your Blocked Bidder List, and move on.

It's business, not personal.

On letter service you can't print out a label. You can buy mint postage at a discount on eBay. Look for Canada Postage Lots. Don't buy 'no gum' which has been used before or 'hinged' which is icky.

You don't get a discount on Light Packet either but the label can be printed out. It has an invoice number on it which is not tracking.

If you have any number on the shipping label , tracking or not, give it to the buyer. It will soothe the nervous and put the dishonest on notice that you did not just fall off the turnip truck.

BTW, why are you bothering with a bubble mailer? Poly envelopes are much cheaper. I get mine for about 12 cents each from poly-usa. They are waterproof and hard to open. I even send CDs and DVDs in them.

While you're up, get me a sandwich.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply