Bough lapidary material from USA. The total weight is not as list. The seller said it isn't his box.

I bought 1/2 pound (227g)lapidary material from USA to Canada. When I got it, it is only 144gram. The shipping label in my package showing 0.23kg from Pityney Bowes. The paper box is about 4.5"x5" about 68g and three pages of Arizona local newspaper about 30g. Lapidary material is only 144g. I contacted the seller, he said he didn't use that shipping box. 

How should I report this stolen case and ask eBay investigate?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Bough lapidary material from USA. The total weight is not as list. The seller said it isn't his box.

Was the GSP involved?

They are known for repacking items, particularly when the seller did not clearly mark the origin of the product, which makes a big difference in applicable import charges.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Open an Item Not As Described case with eBay.

If the purchase was shipped through GSP, and was damaged/partially lost in transit, you will be reimbursed in full, but not required to return the product to the seller.

Note that when GSP/PB or Canada Post open a parcel or find one that is damaged, they mark their efforts with special tape or with a letter to that effect. If that came with your parcel, say so.

If these are not there, the seller is likely to be the one who short-shipped and I would take his statements with 86 grams of salt.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply