Buyer has bought 2 pcs of same item but pays only one shipping charges,

I have selected calculate shipping costs base on location. I have entered the package size for only one piece of product.  I thought eBay will add shipping twice when a buyer buys 2 pieces instead of 1. Now the buyer has paid (only one shipping charge). I will loose money on shipping if I just ship. What can I do? How should I list shipping charges in the future? 

If I offer combine shipping in the future, what happen when a buyer is buying two different items that is different in size and weight?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

This is a complicated question to answer without getting into the nitty gritty of the item(s) and weight and dimension. Plus, whether your combined postage discounts were flat-rate or calculated. Plus, different rates will apply depending on whether the item will be shipped domestically or internationally. Pus, the courier/method used. There are so many variables to shipping that it is easily the most complicated aspect to online sales. Most of us have taken months to get it to a fine art and still there are areas where oversights occur based on the limitations of the system available to us.

Ultimately, you cannot ask the buyer to pay anything additional if they have already paid for their item so your options are to ship and take the loss on postage or ask to cancel the order(s) and take the defect.

But with more details, others may be able to help you avoid this in future.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks, I sent it off anyway. Just didn't want to upset my buyer. Luckily the buyer is in the sme country that my shipping cost just need a couple dollars adjustment. It seems that I don;t understand how these shipping charges are calculated by eBay. Reading the seller center information didn't help much. I sell to US and Canada. I didn't set up for combined shipping. Does it mean it is only one shipping charge for multiple items? Should I change it to combined shipping? By then will the shipping be all added together for multiple items? How do I give a discount? Some of my items are small that two or three can ship at one cost. Some are larger and second ship no discount. How can I handle that?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

By the way, I use mostly Canada Post and I use calculated method. Some items below $150 can be sipped by USPS. It that case I use a flat rate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply