CAN'T GENERATE POSTAGE LABEL FOR AUSTRIA

To save my life, I cannot generate a postage label to Austria tonight. I have reformatted the buyer's address in every imaginable way as Austria has some peculiarities that are unique but, no matter what I do, I get the same 'can't at this time' error message from paypal that they use for everything from bad address to website down. What gives?

The buyer's address is verified by paypal as is. I've adding and subtracting spaces. German has some of its own characters which do not translate to our keyboard; do I need to copy and paste from the ebay sales record? 

He is very German, and cannot be reached at this time. I don't know even know what to clarify with him. 

What can I do? I hate to cancel and refund without knowing the reason I can't generate the label.

Is paypal shipping down tonight? Canada Post? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Must be something in the address that is making it unhappy.

Can you remove any of the German characters in order to print it and just add them back  in ink on the label once you have it?

Canada Post and Paypal seem to be working ok.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

"We are not able to generate your label at this time. Your PayPal account was not charged. Please try again later.

PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I tried to retype everything in the event it was one of those accents in the name but nothing gives.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I'll have to call Canada Post in the morning. I really don't understand what the problem is and I've wasted two hours trying to figure it out. Can anyone hazard a guess?
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Must be something in the address that is making it unhappy.

Can you remove any of the German characters in order to print it and just add them back  in ink on the label once you have it?

Canada Post and Paypal seem to be working ok.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I tried that as well, retyping all aspects of the address myself minus German characters. The address itself is verified by paypal. Doesn't that mean it's the same address that is on file and used for payment? As such, it should be good to go as it stands. Austria addresses are a bit different and I tried every combination of everything. I simply don't understand.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

.... or,  did you input a telephone number for the buyer?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I have tried everything. I can't see anything wrong with the address aside from that Austrians format it differently and think that the form cannot cope with it. I'm taking this directly to the post office today.

Thank you for your help. If I ever learn exactly what was wrong with this or how to rectify it, I'll update the question.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It was a problem with the way Austria displays its addresses: street numbers go last and it's not uncommon to see strange combinations of latters and numbers that only the Austrian Post understands. I took this to the post office and mailed it Small Packets the old-fashion way and it was received in record time.

Apparently, Holland is the same.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply