How to set a shipping amount before knowing the exact shipping address?

Hi everyone,  I 'm interested in becoming an ebay seller but I don't know how much to charge for shipping without knowing where I'll be shipping.

Please help.....and Thanking you in advance for your valuable advice.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The best thing, is to stay in your country if your new, this way you could get rates from your post office, or if you have something like UPS where you could get rates.
You need to have an idea where you want to ship to. The first time I shipped a product ( mine was small ) I could Carrie it in my pocket, I went to my local post office and got rates, they have rate charts there. Some are free and some you need to pay for.
Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I will take your advice & go to the Post Office. I'll also try to get rates from different courriers.
You mentioned I need to know where to ship, does that mean I can specify the areas where the shipping costs stated apply?
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

When you look at the Sell Your Item form, click on the drop down menues in the Shipping section. Most of that will be self-explanatory.

Under Options is hidden the opportunity to change the default measurement to metric. Do so.

Canada Post went metric in 1974 and eveything else will be inaccurate.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If you use calculated shipping, as long as you enter you package weight, dimensions and postal code of which you are sending from, ebay will do the rest and tell you where and how much when your items sells.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply