Canada Post International parcel ground shipping label unavailable from paypal. HELP!!

I normally don't send anything international parcel because it is just way to expensive using canada post.

I decided to take a chance and sold a car bumper lip to a customer in Slovakia. They paid the $103 for shipping, but now in the paypal drop down menu only shows options to send via "light packet" "Small packet air" or "small packet ground"

I have no option to send it via Canada Post International parcel ground.

Can someone help me out, and let me know if this service is unavailable to all countries using paypal shipping? 

Or is there a way around this somehow to get the label printed? I really don't want to drag this package to the post office and pay for it at the counter.

The package is 89x26x10cm 1.63kg

Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Canada Post International parcel ground shipping label unavailable from paypal. HELP!!

PayPal shipping doesn't offer it. You'd be wise not to use Parcel Ground. It just takes too long and you'll lose any and all Item Not Received cases. 

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s2

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Also, entertaining your data into the link above, it says you can do it at Canada Post whether online or at a counter but I really would not. Another $75 gets you airmail. $103 versus $175. Ground is like 12 weeks, that INR will be filed, and you'll be giving it away. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@ybirch1983 wrote:
... I decided to take a chance and sold a car bumper lip to a customer in Slovakia. They paid the $103 for shipping, but now in the paypal drop down menu only shows options to send via "light packet" "Small packet air" or "small packet ground"

I have no option to send it via Canada Post International parcel ground.

Can someone help me out, and let me know if this service is unavailable to all countries using paypal shipping? 

Or is there a way around this somehow to get the label printed? I really don't want to drag this package to the post office and pay for it at the counter.

The package is 89x26x10cm 1.63kg

Do you have either FedEx or UPS in your area? Since you know the size, phone them up and ask for a quote. They are generally more competitive with the bigger stuff.

-..-

International Parcel Surface used to be a shipping choice via paypal. I wonder when it got chopped.

Small packet and tracked packet SHOULD NOT be options since no dimension can be larger than 60cm (which your 89 cm breaks).  www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGpsus_int-e.asp

-..-

International surface is just too slow for eBay / paypal sales these days with the INR delivery time standards currently in place. 10 years ago would have been okay.

-..-

However, the shipping expense problem with your item is that you are running into the dreaded "volumetric" adjustment pushing the cost up.

Parcel size (L x W x H / international adjustment of 5000) = volumetric weight in KG

89x26x10 = 23140 / 5000 = 4.63kg volumetric versus 1.63kg actual = shipping charged at 4.63kg

1.63kg package rate for surface is $ 56.02 or $ 90.21 for air

4.63kg adjusted rate for surface is $103.36 or $175.72 for air

Big cost difference. Most parcel carriers use some version of volumetric adjustment.

-..-

Message 4 of 4
latest reply