Cannot leave feedback after 60 days and it takes longer than that to receive from China?

sdwease
Community Member

Cannot leave feedback after 60 days and it takes longer than that to receive from China?

Is there a way I can still leave feedback on these sellers?

I waited patiently and the last shipping date is tomorrow, but now I have to go into purchase history to find the items and cannot leave feedback, this is terrible service!!!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

It's just as likely the parcel will not show up.

Ever.

So feedback is the least of your worries.

You can open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page when the item doesn't turn up.

Don't get in a conversation with the seller.

Don't accept an offer of a replacement. That's a sign that the first one wasn't sent either.

Don't close the Dispute until you get your refund.

Feedback is voluntary.

I suspect that some sellers are adjusting their delivery time so that unhappy buyers cannot leave feedback.

BTW- if the seller left FB for you, you can add a Response indefinitely to that.

Wait to leave the Response until the Dispute is over and you have your refund.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Reallynicestamps makes a good point. I've been using ebay for 15+ years and the last few years there has been a growing tendency for  China shippers to push their delivery times beyond the dispute period. In December I ordered 5 items from China, and within 90 days only 1 arrived. When contacting the seller the typical response is; sorry it has been delayed.   90 days is not a delay. It has most likely never been sent.  Always push for the refund and not the resend. If you want the product, and are willing to give the seller the benefit of the doubt that they actually did send it, you are still better to take the refund and simply reorder it, at least then you are restarting the clock. Only once in over a dozen of these situations have both items ever arrived, further suggesting in most cases the item was never sent to begin with. 

There will always be sellers out there looking to take advantage of people, but it doesn't explain why ebay lets it happen. Clearly if a seller has a disproportionate number of disputes opened  for non delivery, eBay must know, but eBay is payed per transaction so they are still making money from your non-delivery.  Personally I think this makes them just as fraudulent as the seller.  Until more people choose to leave the service, they have no incentive to fix it.  Recently I have had more success with Aliexpress and Amazon. 

On a positive note, I have always either gotten the money back, or the product. It is just a real hassle for an item that was under $10.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It's just as likely the parcel will not show up.

Ever.

So feedback is the least of your worries.

You can open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page when the item doesn't turn up.

Don't get in a conversation with the seller.

Don't accept an offer of a replacement. That's a sign that the first one wasn't sent either.

Don't close the Dispute until you get your refund.

Feedback is voluntary.

I suspect that some sellers are adjusting their delivery time so that unhappy buyers cannot leave feedback.

BTW- if the seller left FB for you, you can add a Response indefinitely to that.

Wait to leave the Response until the Dispute is over and you have your refund.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Reallynicestamps makes a good point. I've been using ebay for 15+ years and the last few years there has been a growing tendency for  China shippers to push their delivery times beyond the dispute period. In December I ordered 5 items from China, and within 90 days only 1 arrived. When contacting the seller the typical response is; sorry it has been delayed.   90 days is not a delay. It has most likely never been sent.  Always push for the refund and not the resend. If you want the product, and are willing to give the seller the benefit of the doubt that they actually did send it, you are still better to take the refund and simply reorder it, at least then you are restarting the clock. Only once in over a dozen of these situations have both items ever arrived, further suggesting in most cases the item was never sent to begin with. 

There will always be sellers out there looking to take advantage of people, but it doesn't explain why ebay lets it happen. Clearly if a seller has a disproportionate number of disputes opened  for non delivery, eBay must know, but eBay is payed per transaction so they are still making money from your non-delivery.  Personally I think this makes them just as fraudulent as the seller.  Until more people choose to leave the service, they have no incentive to fix it.  Recently I have had more success with Aliexpress and Amazon. 

On a positive note, I have always either gotten the money back, or the product. It is just a real hassle for an item that was under $10.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Clearly if a seller has a disproportionate number of disputes opened  for non delivery, eBay must know, but eBay is payed per transaction so they are still making money from your non-delivery. 

Not necessarily.

Even with robot handling of disputes, there is a hard money cost to eBay in those returns.

And of course, there is the 'soft' losses when shoppers lose confidence in the site.

While feedback is no longer a metric for seller accounts, eBay is keeping track of Disputes. Sellers get Defects for unresolved disputes and at a guess all disputes are on record, resolved or not.

When you see, in a buyer's feedback, a seller who is Not A Registered User, it is most likely he has been kicked off the site.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply