Does any one know how to get a return shipping label to my customer.They are in USA, I'm in Canada

I asked ebay and paypal but they were not help. I have to do it myself and d. thankson't know how. Appreciate any help

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Does any one know how to get a return shipping label to my customer.They are in USA, I'm in Canada

There doesn't seem to be a way that is easy.

Let your customer know that you are trying.

You could send him US postage stamps if there is a stamp dealer near you. They are becoming rare, although the hobby is thriving, so that's not much help.

You could try Stamps.com. Some posters here have claimed to be able to purchase USPS labels there, but it is not clear whether they also have US addresses.

You could try USPS.com. Again there have been posters who claim to have purchased usable labels there.

But probably,you will have to be trusting and use Paypal's Send Money service to send enough to cover a return label to your unhappy customer.

Requires a lot of trust between buyer and seller.

This is yet another reason why it is always best to remain polite and friendly with even the most annoying of buyers.

But do consider-- if you send the money and the customer does not return the item, how much worse off are you? Remember if he doesn't return it, the Dispute will fail and you will not get a Defect.

On the third hand, you will have paid him to keep the product.

EBay did not think about international Return Shipping when they brought in this new policy.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There doesn't seem to be a way that is easy.

Let your customer know that you are trying.

You could send him US postage stamps if there is a stamp dealer near you. They are becoming rare, although the hobby is thriving, so that's not much help.

You could try Stamps.com. Some posters here have claimed to be able to purchase USPS labels there, but it is not clear whether they also have US addresses.

You could try USPS.com. Again there have been posters who claim to have purchased usable labels there.

But probably,you will have to be trusting and use Paypal's Send Money service to send enough to cover a return label to your unhappy customer.

Requires a lot of trust between buyer and seller.

This is yet another reason why it is always best to remain polite and friendly with even the most annoying of buyers.

But do consider-- if you send the money and the customer does not return the item, how much worse off are you? Remember if he doesn't return it, the Dispute will fail and you will not get a Defect.

On the third hand, you will have paid him to keep the product.

EBay did not think about international Return Shipping when they brought in this new policy.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

it happened to me and I didn't get any help from them. She intentionally put dark marker pen on the soles of my $100.00 doll and then complained to them. I had to refund her money and because I didn't know how to get a shipping label to her she got to keep my doll also. So unfair. Ebay didn't give a hoot. They say they protect the seller .LOL. I have stopped selling on ebay for over a year now so they have lost at lot of fees over their tactics. They protect the buy when they should be thinking that there are always buyers no matter what but without sellers there would be no customer required. I see they still haven't changed anything after a year . So I will continue to not sell on ebay.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply