Does eBay still have an agreement with Canada Post?

I used to use  eBay boxes that were flat fee depending on local/canadian/international - are these still usable?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'd take one into your local Post OFFICE (not Outlet**) and ask.

The Dominion of Canada has never demonetized any stamps and even accepts Newfoundland* stamps at face value.

Once the box is postmarked and on its way, it is unlikely anyone would stop it for reconsideration. Human nature. It's just more work and postal workers are busy.

*Also Newfoundland money. That Joey Smallwood was a cagey one, considering the Colony of Newfoundland was bankrupt at the time of Confederation.

** Not only are the Outlet staff less knowledgeable than Canada Post staff (mostly, there are some great ones), but the Outlet makes its money on postal sales (stamps. labels etc) over the counter. It is in the best financial interest of an Outlet to say no, if unsure. While the CPO employee gets paid in any case.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If those were the eBay boxes that you could buy postage for at flat rate for up to 5kg, then sort of.

The eBay box can still be used for mailing, but the special shipping rate is no longer available for purchase -- you have to treat it as a regular shipping box with the usual postage charges.

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I still use them and just treat them as an ordinary box, never had any issues with acceptance at the post office or Montreal for leaving the country, as long as you have the correct shipping on it-expedited or regular parcel etc they can be used.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply