Does ebay have drop shipping partners?

huykontop
Community Member

Does ebay have  drop shipping partners? What are they?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

No.

Dropshippers are borderline scams. They make all the money while sellers get all the negative feedback when the dropshipper is out of stock, sends defective items or the wrong item. Plus their are not low enough to make a good profit. In order to make a decent profit, a seller would have to sell the item at or close to retail and most people on ebay do not want to pay retail. That is usually why they are on ebay in the first place.

Many years ago, I was thinking about using a dropshipper before I a lot about them. I saw one dropshipper's website and it had laptops that they were selling for $400 and they were claiming these laptops sell for $900 on ebay. They even provided an ebay list showing those laptops listed at $900. Well on their site they were claiming the laptops were selling for $900 on ebay but when I went to ebay and searched for that specific laptop, they were selling for around $450, not $900. The dropshipper lied.

Another thing, dropshippers do not tell you that there are probably hundreds of other sellers selling the exact same items you're trying to sell. Don't forget, you would not be the dropshipper's only customer and their other customers are most likely also on ebay.

As far as I know, you have to pay a membership fee to dropshippers and the products may not sell as well as they claim.

At one time, sellers were selling Elvis clocks shaped like a guitar. You could tell they all bought from the same dropshipper. I don't think any of those clocks sold. It's not uncommon to see dropshippers with stuff only old ladies would be interested (like figurines) and there aren't even old ladies on ebay to make a profit on some of that stuff.

It's best to stay away from dropshippers. Find stuff that is free or cost you as little as possible and hopefully it will sell and you make a decent profit.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

No,

If a seller on another site is telling you that your purchase (often a high value item like a car or boat) is being financed through eBay, stop all communication, go to the site where you found the item, and report the listing to the moderators.

This is a well-known scam and many online sites are plagued by these crooks.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply