ERROR - DEPRECATED_GUEST_ORDER_DETAILS

I ordered something as guest. I received emails from E bay and PayPal confirming the order. In the email from EBay it says we will update when product is shipped and when I click on order details, it takes me to Error page. Also I have not received any email confirming that  product has been shipped. And am not able to get hold of either PayPal or Ebay. I ordered this product 9 days ago. I dont expect it to be shipped but atleast an email confirmation of shipping. 

Please advise if I could still receive the product or not?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This is a member-to-member board.  eBay employees do not monitor or respond to these posts.

Sign in to PayPal, find the transaction in your summary, and click to open the details.  Does it show that it was paid, and the payment cleared?  If you paid with a credit card, check that the payment shows on your credit account.   If you paid with your bank balance, it can take up to 12 business days to clear, since it is like a cheque and must be confirmed through your bank.

Click on the title description of your purchase.  This takes you to the eBay listing that you bought.  To the right of the photo, there is a shipping cost with  "See Details" - click on this to find the seller's stated handlilng time.Below shipping cost is Delivery with an estimated delivery date, eg 4-12 business days.  Keep a note of this, you have 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date to open an "Item Not Received" claim with eBay.  At the bottom of the listing, you will see a link to "ask a question" - click on this.  You can now ask the seller directly for the tracking number and the date when your purchase was shipped.

Sellers are responsible for shipping items within their stated handling time—the time between receiving a (cleared) payment and delivering the package to the postal carrier.  Do not allow a lot of time to pass before opening a case if you do not have a response from the seller - 3 days should be enough to allow for any time differences.

That error message seems to be a common problem when buying as a guest.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You have Buyer Protection through eBay- for 30 days after the projected delivery date.

You also have Buyer Protection through Paypal- for 180 days after payment.

And you have Buyer Protection through your credit card (if you used one) through their chargeback programme - time varies with card.

Many sellers, especially of cheap items, do not bother with tracking which is expensive.

Tracking is a benefit for the Seller. It is how a seller proves that an item has been delivered in case of a dispute. It has no real value for the buyer.

I received emails from E bay and PayPal confirming the order. In the email from EBay it says we will update when product is shipped

Some sellers are stupid enough not to notify their customers that the purchase is on its way. They are idiots and rude to boot.

It takes about 20 days for shipments to arrive from North America, about 30 days from Asia.

Mark the projected arrival dates on your calendar and don't worry about it until then. If you still haven't got your purchase, come back and we can help with that.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply