Global Shippin Program

yaulene
Community Member

Why am I as a buyer provided with a tracking number if it's useless to me?  And who decided buyers don't need tracking?  I'm expecting a package but going out of town.  I have no idea what carrier has my package so I can't find out if someone else can accept my package for me.

In addition, according to what I've read, I have no idea if there will be additional charges when the package arrives in Canada.  I expected when the fees were listed as included there would be no additional charge.

Sorry folks, this is a fail.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Global Shippin Program

have purchased a couple of times from US sellers who use the Global Shipping Program. Both times the items were shipped through USPS, then onto Canada Post. Both times, the purchase indicated no customs fees and both times there were no additional fees upon delivery. Both times the packages had tracking, on which I was able to track the packages on USPS website & then once into Canada was able to track the packages on both USPS & Canada Post websites. 2 very easy transactions through the Global shipping program. Very satisfied with the way the system worked. All was well, no complaints.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Global Shippin Program

If you are leaving town go to your local PO and purchase a Hold Mail service, starting the day before you plan to return and ending the day after.

Both Canada Post and CanPar, the most often reported Canadian services for GSP purchases, will leave a delivery notice for your parcel.

CP will Hold your parcel for about a week after the attempted delivery.

As to the usefulness of tracking.

It really isn't tracking. It's Proof of Delivery, more often than not.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Global Shippin Program

yaulene
Community Member
Hold mail comes with an $80 fee. Uses does not recognize the tracking number.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply