Hi. I bought an item but forgot my house number address

What happens if i didnt write my house number for the address?for example, if my address is 100 maple road, Ontario CA, i wrote maple, Ontario CA. I wrote the postal code. It says , "Your item arrived at the Post Office at 10:59 am on August 22, 2016 in CINCINNATI, OH 45235." The seller says he didnt know my address, so he sent to eBay, a place in US and will send to my country.. -_-;;
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It's quite simple, your not going to receive your package... the Postman is going to be guessing on which house the package belongs too.

An arrange of addresses on your street will share the same Postal Code (it goes by block).

If you want to continue shopping on-line and want to receive your packages I highly recommend you add your address number!

The seller shouldn't have shipped your package without your complete address and contacting you first, I would also apologize to the Seller for giving them an incomplete address.

USPS First Class Mail usually switches to Canada Post Xpresspost once it crosses the border.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

So the seller sent me the message :
I do not see that side of the transaction. I ship to ebay, a place in the US and then they ship to your country. You will have to contact ebay to get that address fix. This is where I ship it.
Kevin Lee
Purpose of use (Reference number)
OREUSA1551186680CA
1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200

Can i do somthing to get the item? I really want this item.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I called eBay, but i could not find the email for eBay so i called service, but took me like 10 minute so i couldn't make that call.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The only thing you could try is continue to monitor the tracking number and contact Canada Post @ 1-888-550-6333. 

Explain the situation to Canada Post and let them know that your residential address number is missing from the package.

Give them the tracking number and hopefully they can pass on the info to the sorting center in your city so they can tag your package with your missing residential address number before it is sent out for delivery.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Well, there is a Maple ON.

I was thinking it was a fairly small town, but on checking it turns out that it is a fast growing suburb of Toronto.

If you have included the postal code, you could be okay.

A postal code is a single postal walk and can be quite small. Our carrier covers several walks, since ours has fewer than 15 buildings, perhaps 20 units counting a couple of small apartment buildings and triplexes.

So it is possible that IF YOU INCLUDED YOUR POSTAL CODE your carrier will find you using the code and your name. Remember to tip her at Christmas.

The seller says he didnt know my address, so he sent to eBay, a place in US and will send to my country.. -_-;;

Were those his exact words?

That's stupid.

There is no 'eBay' as such. And Cincinnati? The company started in Seattle, has a customer service centre (call centre) in Utah and financial centre in Switzerland.

If you had purchased from a seller who uses the GSP he would have sent the parcel to Erlanger Kentucky. It may have passed through Cincinnati on its way.

Apparently there is some tracking?

Okay.

If it was USPS, then you can follow easily enough on the USPS website and when it gets to Canada on the Canada Post website.

If it is Global Shipping it's harder, but not impossible.

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

That being said, I suspect that you goofed this up pretty thoroughly.

Your seller may get the purchase back eventually (If she used the GSP she is protected against your.... error... (see LiLeslie I can be polite....)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply