How can I provide a tracking number if I am not given one?

cw2mclean
Community Member

How can I provide a tracking number if I am not given one? I went through eBay / PayPal to print a shipping label and prepay for shipping through Canada Post. I dropped the parcel at the post office, they did not give me anything. I reprinted the shipping label and tried the number below the bar code, Canada Post's tracking website says it is not a valid tracking number.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How can I provide a tracking number if I am not given one?

Yep.

Some services have invoice numbers that are not tracking numbers.

Small and Light Packet are two of those.

If you printed the label from PP, the invoice/tracking number is also on the lower half of the label. Personally I cut those off and staple them to my copy of the buyer's invoice, after handwriting the shipping date and the postage cost on it.

If you hand your parcels to the counter clerk and ask, she will give you a print out that has the invoice /tracking numbers on it. If you don't ask, she won't bother, since the barcode is already on the package.

When I use a PP shipping label, I give the number to my customer along with the date of shipping and the service I used. It's no secret and I believe it gives customers more confidence.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply