How long does it take for a parcel to reach Guangdong China?

I sent an item back to seller for a working product. Shipping was $75.00....opted out for parcel mail. Seller maintains he has yet

to receive the package. Refuses to send working product until he gets the one I have sent him.  It has been 4 months since it has been sent. Ebay can't do anything about it.  He has my money and all I have is an empty box. I have spent $150+ on a Sailormoon Musical Locket.

Has anyone else been in this situation?  I am getting very disillusioned about this.

S. Shore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Did this go through Returns via the ebay Resolution Centre as part of a MoneyBack Guarantee claim? It should have. 

Did the seller tell you to send it back without tracking? If so, he will lose the ebay case you opened, proving you opened it the way you were supposed to open it. And that direction was provided where Customer Service can find it in ebay Messages. 

If the item was broken on arrival -- Significantly Not As Described -- the seller is obligated to foot the bill for return postage. If he told you to send it back without tracking, he forfeit the Delivery requirement print to be forced to refund you.

However, if the seller coerced you into sending it back at your own cost, you've probably been scammed. 

When did you place this order? It may not be too late to open a proper Resolution Centre case.

Unless you have tracking that proves you returned the item and the seller has received it, you are out the item, your original payment and the cost of return shipping.

Did you open a Dispute with eBay?

After four months you have very probably passed the deadline, but in a case of Not As Described (here-- not working) the SELLER pays for return shipping.

If he does not pay, eBay closes the case in your favour and you are refunded without needing to return the unwanted item.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

EBay and Paypal both have strong Buyer Protection programs.

You might try Paypal's Resolution Centre, which is at the top of your PP account page under Tools

You have 180 days from payment to open a Dispute.

Ignore the Contact Seller suggestion. You've done that.

Paypal requires the Buyer to pay for a tracked return. However, they sometimes (not always) accept proof of shipping as proof of delivery. Sometimes.

You may also be covered by the credit card you back your PP account with.

Cards are slightly more likely to chargeback with only proof of shipping. Slightly. Chargeback deadlines vary from card to card.

Sailor Moon is a Japanese anime and any merchandise being sold out of China is almost certainly counterfeit.

It may be made there, but it is sold under license from Toei and Kandasha.

@sj827wood wrote:

I sent an item back to seller for a working product. Shipping was $75.00....opted out for parcel mail. Seller maintains he has yet to receive the package. Refuses to send working product until he gets the one I have sent him.  It has been 4 months since it has been sent. Ebay can't do anything about it.  He has my money and all I have is an empty box. I have spent $150+ on a Sailormoon Musical Locket.

Did you send back via surface parcel?

Tracked or untracked?

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts