How long does it take?

vickiebouchard
Community Member

I just bought something from china and i live in canada, quebec. So, i would like to know how much days it takes for my item to come.

Thank you!

Vickie Bouchard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (16)

Answers (16)

falset
Community Member
Beleive me it s veeeeeery long. I bought couple if things from china and took 2 months each to attive to canada. RIDICULOUS!!! In 2017 with planes and boats it s completly ridiculous. It took to Christoph Colomb less time to navigate europe to canada in boat. 5 weeks in 1649!!! But we are in 2017 and we have better planes and boats!! Ridiculous. I will never buy thins from china again. It doesnt worth it.

I've bought a number of things from China; usually they come in 2-4 weeks to N.B.  That's kind of a wide range, but it depends whether they send it registered airmail (many do) or regular mail.  Registered is usually quicker.  Did the auction page give an estimate?  Some Chinese sellers provide little charts on their pages to tell you how long shipping takes to various parts of the world.

You have to be a little patient with stuff from China; it's coming a long way.  Most items do arrive within a month.  Put a note on your calendar so you don't forget the 45-day limit though; if you haven't received your item you can only open an item-not-received claim up to that point.  My plan is usually to contact the seller on day 40 just to let them know it's not here yet, & that I will have to open a case if it doesn't arrive in another few days.  Don't let them string you along past that point.

Hello Vickie,

I am sure you item will be along soon and it will work out very well, but you have a feedback of 1 and for many sellers that means you will not know about buyer protection and ebay claims policy.  Hence, they can take advantage of you.

Almost every day here there is a story of someone who bought an item from China and it never arrived, and s/he got kindest, most earnest sounding messages from the seller, -- to delay the buyer past the 45 day deadline.

If the item does not arrive after 4 weeks, open a dispute and escalate to a claim as soon as possible.  Some sellers have stooped to telling a new buyer "Close the claim and I will refund you".  Do not close it until you have either your item or your money first.  Once you close a claim you can never reopen it.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

I have been shopping online for past 3 years.  My orders took 30 days (1 month) to arrive last year.  This year 2016 it has taken 40 to 70 days.  It is just slow this year.  I just got a parcel I ordered Jan. I makes buyer protection need to be extended.  So in 2016 it takes 40 to 60 days.

Hello Vickie!  When it comes to purchases from China, it usually takes around three to four weeks.  Ocasionally it is sooner.  Last month I had a coin delivered to me from China which I had ordered three months previous so I guess you never know!

ZOMBIE question from 2012.

@happy_pigeon

Hi Vickie.. 3-4 weeks hopefully. Here is the same Q and answers. Keep the 45 days for claims in find..

http://community.ebay.ca/question/Packaging-Shipping/Shipping/3000005636

From China to east Canada, it may go down to two weeks or up to more than four months.

But the usual for me is around 4½ weeks.

I was surprised to learn that most part of the delay seems to be caused by Canada Post itself.

See this, from CTV News Calgary by Michael Franklin...

Canada Post reveals it is the reason for lengthy parcel delays

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/canada-post-reveals-it-is-the-reason-for-lengthy-parcel-delays-1.3447438

dibltd
Community Member

Hi Vicky,

Items take forever to arrive thèse days , if they arrive.  i bought 6 items ranging from 2 dollars to 70 dollars, the 2 dollars arrived after one month but the rest didtn't arrive at all its benn more than one month.

Good luck

oragex
Community Member
Please don't blame or require refund from the Chinese sellers.

The reason why packages take over 2 months to arrive, it's because of the Canada Border (CBSA) agency. They block the packets for weeks for inspection and I wonder if they tape back small packages or they simply threw them to the garbage.

You can complain at  http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/feedback-retroaction-eng.html

Vickie,

did you ever receive it and how long did it take>

Im in northern Canada and just put in a request for refund for items ordered 75 days ago.

Hi Vickie, 

I recently just ordered something from china and it takes 18-37 days, which is about 3-5 weeks. But when you posted this I think you would've already got your package. Cat Surprised

No The Reason Why package Take over 45=60=Days To Arrive it,s Because of Canada Border Cbsa Agency Check For Lead Toxic In All Jewelry From China Sellers on Ebay Over 70% Of Ebay Sellers In China Jewerly Have Toxic in The Them
solt_sohe
Community Member

Hi,

i used following website for tracking from china but it didn't give me enough information. At least made me sure that the item is shipped.:

http://track-chinapost.com/

I purchased an xbox one power cord and ive bought it 3 weeks ago and i live in wpg canada how much long do i have to wait?
Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts