I am curious as to what sellers using calculated shipping fees charge for a handling fee?

Any suggestions on what is a good fee/amount to charge for a handling fee or do sellers charge a handling fee for shipping? I would appreciate some suggestions - thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I don't really.

Most of my items ship in a poly envelope (11 cents each from emailers.ca) and I have a good deal on postage stamps (heh heh) and then there is a discount on Paypal labels.

So my packaging costs are pretty minimal compared to say a china dealer.

I notice that most of the garments I've bought lately come in about the same amount of packing, no matter what the price or the origin.

Has everyone seen the admail from Canada Post today?

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/paypal/default.page?ecid=e-mail|pdn|cd|144

claiming up to 47% savings on shipping?

I haven't looked into it yet.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

@kussacat wrote:
Any suggestions on what is a good fee/amount to charge for a handling fee or do sellers charge a handling fee for shipping? I would appreciate some suggestions - thanks.

If you are using calculated shipping, and buy your postage online through ebay or paypal or via Canada Post's Snap Ship -- then you already have a fee build-in.

The calculated shipping rate eBay displays is Canada Post's over-the-counter rate which has no discount. The difference can be your "handling fee".

When using flat rate oversize lettermail with stamps my "handling fee" is the discount I bought the stamps for.

-..-

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts