listing says usually ships in 2 days, it has been over 2 weeks and item has not been shipped??

My item that I won at auction says item usually ships within 2 days of payment. It has now been 16 days and the item has not shipped. I have contacted the seller twice and both times they have answered it is going out the next day. It still has not been sent.

I have also paid for the advance payment distribution for international packages.

Here is my concern:

The package is going from US to Canada, this can take on average 2 weeks in transit.

It has been 15 days since order

Ebays policy only says the package has to be shipped within 30 days.

If the seller holds the shipment for 30 days and it takes longer than 15 days to get to me, I will not be able to charge back through Paypal if the product is damaged as it will be outside of the 45 day PayPal resolution window.

What is my next move?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

listing says usually ships in 2 days, it has been over 2 weeks and item has not been shipped??

I have contacted the seller twice and both times they have answered it is going out the next day. It still has not been sent.

Stop talking to him.

File an Item Not Received Dispute today.

If he does not refund immediately (and I would NOT settle for a promise of shipping from this guy) he will have a violation on his selling record. This will make it harder for him to sell in future.

If he does not refund you, Paypal will and go after him for the money.

BTW- Thirty days is there mostly for those who sell custom made items. Sellers have only seven days to ship in order to keep their eBay Seller Protections.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have contacted the seller twice and both times they have answered it is going out the next day. It still has not been sent.

Stop talking to him.

File an Item Not Received Dispute today.

If he does not refund immediately (and I would NOT settle for a promise of shipping from this guy) he will have a violation on his selling record. This will make it harder for him to sell in future.

If he does not refund you, Paypal will and go after him for the money.

BTW- Thirty days is there mostly for those who sell custom made items. Sellers have only seven days to ship in order to keep their eBay Seller Protections.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for the good advice.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Personally I would just request to have the transaction cancelled (from the seller). Then at the 45 day mark you have a valid case if they don't do as you requested.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply