I have lately had 2 items that showed delivered but I did not receive the item.

I checked at my community mailbox and nothing. I also have not been getting a lot of items from China and Hong Kong. I do not know where to go to get information about this mail service. Some items are coming 5-6 months after I ordered it. Most of the time eBay sellers are good and will refund me but some are blocking me because they resend items out and I don't receive either order! I am getting very frustrated as I am a loyal eBay buyer but I think this is it for me. Even with tracking numbers I am not receiving my items...grrrrr

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I also have not been getting a lot of items from China and Hong Kong.

Delivery from China and HK are very slow these days.

Asian sellers of cheap goods often use slow cheap Surface shipping.

Then there are holdups due to the CBSA/RCMP campaign to stop fentanyl imports and the ongoing UPU dispute between China and all the other treaty signatories.

However, the sellers could solve most of their problem by shipping Air Mail.

Do NOT accept an offer of a replacement.

Mostly because those offers are usually a scam and the replacement wont' arrive either. It is also possible that the original item never existed.

Open the Item Not Received disputes on the day after the last estimated delivery date.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the item shows up eventually you can repay the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

For the items that show delivered but which you are not getting.

I checked at my community mailbox and nothing.

Ugh. If the Liberals get rid of those things yesterday it will be too late.

You are unlikely to ever meet your carrier, but you can leave a note inside your own box that says This is NOT a Safe Drop, Please leave Notice of Attempted Delivery.

The notice will direct you to your local postal outlet the next day and you can pickup. Bring ID.

It is possible that one of your neighbours has been stealing packages too.

Go to you local Post Office (not outlet) and report the problem to the postmaster . Not a clerk, the postmaster.

She may already have some reports and yours will help build a case.

You could also ask sellers who are shipping more valuable items to use Signature Confirmation. Offer to pay for this-- it's less than a toonie.

Again you will be going to the PO to collect, but at least you will have something to collect.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I also have not been getting a lot of items from China and Hong Kong.

Delivery from China and HK are very slow these days.

Asian sellers of cheap goods often use slow cheap Surface shipping.

Then there are holdups due to the CBSA/RCMP campaign to stop fentanyl imports and the ongoing UPU dispute between China and all the other treaty signatories.

However, the sellers could solve most of their problem by shipping Air Mail.

Do NOT accept an offer of a replacement.

Mostly because those offers are usually a scam and the replacement wont' arrive either. It is also possible that the original item never existed.

Open the Item Not Received disputes on the day after the last estimated delivery date.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the item shows up eventually you can repay the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

For the items that show delivered but which you are not getting.

I checked at my community mailbox and nothing.

Ugh. If the Liberals get rid of those things yesterday it will be too late.

You are unlikely to ever meet your carrier, but you can leave a note inside your own box that says This is NOT a Safe Drop, Please leave Notice of Attempted Delivery.

The notice will direct you to your local postal outlet the next day and you can pickup. Bring ID.

It is possible that one of your neighbours has been stealing packages too.

Go to you local Post Office (not outlet) and report the problem to the postmaster . Not a clerk, the postmaster.

She may already have some reports and yours will help build a case.

You could also ask sellers who are shipping more valuable items to use Signature Confirmation. Offer to pay for this-- it's less than a toonie.

Again you will be going to the PO to collect, but at least you will have something to collect.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply