I purchase an item which the seller say is to heavy to be sent via postal service, or courier.

I purchased an item from a guy who says he is in Holland and the package is to heavy to be sent to me P.O. Box in Canada.

I was wondering if anyone knew if that is true or not.

I would really appreciate some advice from someone who might know.

Thanks,

K

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I purchase an item which the seller say is to heavy to be sent via postal service, or courier.

Hello 'napoleon',

He says he's in Holland?  Is it for this:  380877675068 ?

First of all, if he says he is in Holland, the listing says the item (as well as the seller) is in

the UK, so that's an ebay location violation.  Not that anything would ever come of that,

as it is surprisingly common.

I see nothing in the listing to suggest the item or seller is in Holland, nor do any of his other

listings imply this.  Could it be that the stuff was made there?

Indeed, he makes mention a couple times about the UK delivery charges, clearly indicating

he will ship from England.

The listing also says he is willing to ship internationally.  What price did he quote you for

shipping when you initially inquired about mailing costs to Canada?

You did ask before bidding, didn't you?

He says the total packed weight is 2370 grams.   Shipping through Royal Mail has a limit of 2 kgs 

(just over 4 pounds).  Items over 2kgs have to come Parcelforce, and that would be close to £50.

You can go here to see for yourself:

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

Your post office box is never the problem.  Obviously parcels do not get put in the box because

most of them are too big.  Instead you get a little card which you take to the counter, and the

clerk retrieves your parcel from a room in the back.  On £76 you will likely have to sign for it,

and you may even have to pay customs charges.

If you are assessed for customs fees, pay the tab graciously and without argument.  It's the cost

of buying internationally.

Post office boxes are very secure in Canada, -- more secure than street addresses, or street

boxes.  If your box is a rental in a postal outlet, you already know that the managing clerk there

guards those boxes like a dragon hovering over her eggs.

There is no reason for this seller not to send the item, so long as you are willing to pay the

shipping charges.  Your best hope is to contact the seller and politely see what amicable arrangements

can be made.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply