If an item is reshipped can the same tracking number be used again

It is 6 days past latest estimated delivery date. I check the tracking number and it has been in my country since dec 13th coming from Malaysia. I message seller they say they will resend the item. I message back and say i would like a refund instead so i can reorder as this is the advice the community gave me.

Seller messages that they already reshipped the item and to return it to them when i receive it. 

I ask for tracking number they say that customs sent the item back to them and therefore they reshipped it and they tracking number the gave me was the original tracking number.

So my question is, can the tracking number be reused? Can a seller have an item returned to sender and turn around and reship the item? what steps are required to reship and item that is returned to sender? Does a new shipping label need to be printed. Postage paid again? Can the tracking number be reused? etc

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Odds are they are just stalling you. While tracking numbers do get reused the time frame is too short for it to have been recycled. Do ask if they sent you the correct tracking number.

The original tracking number, if valid, should show that it returned to Malaysia (since they claim to have gotten it back).

Ask the seller for the refund and promise to send payment if it arrives.

If they drag their feet, open an INR case and escalate to eBay for resolution.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Odds are they are just stalling you. While tracking numbers do get reused the time frame is too short for it to have been recycled. Do ask if they sent you the correct tracking number.

The original tracking number, if valid, should show that it returned to Malaysia (since they claim to have gotten it back).

Ask the seller for the refund and promise to send payment if it arrives.

If they drag their feet, open an INR case and escalate to eBay for resolution.

-..-

Message 2 of 2
latest reply