not able to print shipping label from Canada Post

Hello! heart

I am trying to print Canada Post shipping labels to ship what I sold and I am not able to do it...

I always do it and never had a problem but this time the label appears too small on the printing page and after being printed. This happens with all sorts of shipping labels. 

It does't seem to be a problem from my printer or from printing preferences because I print other things and the measurements are well and the printed result is perfect.

Honestly, I think there's something wrong in Paypal or with Canada Post through Paypal. Maybe the programming code that inserts the shipping labels' measurement is not well.

Did anyone had the same problem?

Thanks!

Lia Woman LOL

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Yes I have been having same problem, everything on page is right size except the label it is smaller than a stamp. Always has worked fine up till Sunday.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

oldties
Community Member

Hello, i have the exact same problem.

The label is very tiny

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I had the same problem today.  I was using google chrome.  Tried a reprint using 'explorer' and it worked.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I have the same problem in Google Chrome - it worked fine for a few years and now Canada Post labels appear to be smaller than a stamp on paper. IE print still looks OK, but that means logging in PayPal in IE with a security key (that also means I'm automatically kicked out of PayPal in Chrome), print label, then go back to Chrome (again with the security key). Too inconvenient considering that I'm making multiple shipments each day. 

I've seen this problem before - I removed all Chrome plugins, saved my bookmarks, and re-installed Chrome, which seemed to fix it (Canada Post labels are back to normal). But I don't want to have to go through all that again. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I am still having the same issue!! Paypal's fix is to use Firefox, which does work. But I should not have to change browsers just to print a Canada post label. Anyone else figure out what to do?. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I'm having the same problem and have had to use Canada post's ship in a click option on their website. Unfortunately I don't get the Ebay discount when i use this service.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I am going to research into the wee hours of the morning to find how to fix this annoying problem.
Save a few bucks in the meantime and log into paypal with microsoft explorer and print from there.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I had the same problem using chrome on Mac. Worked ok on Safari...
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

If you're using Chrome, I have a workaround solution so you don't have to use IE or Firefox.

When the popup window shows up, and you can see the miniaturized label, hit CTRL-S, and save as a Webpage, Complete. (you shouldn't have to change anything but the location)

Go to where you saved it.  Open the folder called "Powered by Pitney Bowes_files".  There will be two .GIF files - one starts with 's', the other starts with 'f' (small vs full).  Open the one that starts with 'f'.

Print the file.  Nice work!

I wouldn't say this is less effort than using another browser, but I don't like to.  I've contacted both Google and Paypal (and Canada Post) to report this bug.  They're all aware of the issue, and seem to blame each other.

I think it's something to do with how Chrome sets the DPI for the GIF file.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thank you ever so much. I have just tried this solution and it works wonderfully!!! Appreciated as I was also having this very issue and tried everything re: settings on my printer etc. to no avail.

This is a helpful alternative that works ! Happy Day ! Victoria
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Just use ebay.com for printing labels. Works fine there, its the ebay.ca that was an inferiority complex 🙂

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

GooGoo, you are a genius! After spending an hour trying to print a Canadian shipping label, I googled and found your response and it worked like a charm! Thanks so very much!!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply