International Shipping Options for Sellers in Surrey BC

I'm in Surrey, BC. Is there a Stallion Express in Richmond? I know there is Chit Chats. Have you or someone you know used either service? I guess it is a low way to get parcels across the border and into the cheaper US postal system. Drop off in Richmond is viable so I am considering this service. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I naively ease into the world eBay as a seller of wineglasses and crystal stuff. I am ready to start except I can't get my head wrapped around how I can post an accurate shipping cost. My two visits to Canada Post, once with a package as an example, were horrendous and some of the worst service I have ever experienced. It was the Canada Post on King George and 107A Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you list on ebay.CA in CA$ then you can use calculated shipping.

You enter weight, length, width and depth, select a Canada Post shipping service and eBay will let the buyer know what the cost to their location is when they view your listing.

Shipping in Canada: go with Canada Post's Expedited Parcel (and ebay's calculated shipping) and buy your shipping via paypal (discounted versus over the counter rates).

Shipping to USA (and using Canada Post): Small Packet (only if you don't want insurance or tracking) or Tracked packet USA or Expedited USA. All can use eBay calculated shipping, and discounted shipping is available through paypal.

Shipping to USA (and using a reshipper): You must use a flat rate (not calculated) when listing. You buy your postage from the USPS, take the package to the reshipper, they take it across the border and they mail it.

If listing on ebay.COM in US$ -- only flatrate shipping is available when listing (Canada Post is not a calculated option).

Since you new, I'd recommend starting with selling to Canada and the USA. The rest of the world can wait.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

If you list on ebay.CA in CA$ then you can use calculated shipping.

You enter weight, length, width and depth, select a Canada Post shipping service and eBay will let the buyer know what the cost to their location is when they view your listing.

Shipping in Canada: go with Canada Post's Expedited Parcel (and ebay's calculated shipping) and buy your shipping via paypal (discounted versus over the counter rates).

Shipping to USA (and using Canada Post): Small Packet (only if you don't want insurance or tracking) or Tracked packet USA or Expedited USA. All can use eBay calculated shipping, and discounted shipping is available through paypal.

Shipping to USA (and using a reshipper): You must use a flat rate (not calculated) when listing. You buy your postage from the USPS, take the package to the reshipper, they take it across the border and they mail it.

If listing on ebay.COM in US$ -- only flatrate shipping is available when listing (Canada Post is not a calculated option).

Since you new, I'd recommend starting with selling to Canada and the USA. The rest of the world can wait.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
latest reply