Is it worth paying extra for registered tracking of packages sent from Hong Kong to Canada or would I be wasting money?

Does registered tracking of packages sent from Hong Kong to Canada work? The item is $8US & optional tracking adds $2. Is it worth it? It's not a huge amount but every penny does count...

I also ask because I've heard packages sent from the US to Canada can only be tracked in the US and when they cross the border into Canada they can no longer be tracked. So I'm wondering whether packages can be traced/tracked from Hong Kong to Canada for a $2 registration fee. 

Anyone have any experience or advice regarding paying extra for international tracking of packages? Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is it worth paying extra for registered tracking of packages sent from Hong Kong to Canada or would I be wasting money?

I can't tell you if the tracking would show up when the item is in Canada but personally, I don't pay extra for tracking as it doesn't really benefit me.

If you don't receive an item, the seller is responsible and if they won't refund you, you can file a claim with ebay or paypal within 45 days of purchase.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I can't tell you if the tracking would show up when the item is in Canada but personally, I don't pay extra for tracking as it doesn't really benefit me.

If you don't receive an item, the seller is responsible and if they won't refund you, you can file a claim with ebay or paypal within 45 days of purchase.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply