Maximum shipping cost

I was relisting an item on ebay.ca and noticed an icon indicating that it was subject to a maximum shipping fee on ebay.com.  I don't know where I find out what the maximum fee is as that page doesn't tell me.

So I assume that since I am listing on ebay.ca and providing a shipping cost to ship to the USA that it is going to appear on ebay.com but my quoted shipping will be ignored in favor of whatever the maximum is.  This poses a number of questions.  Is the new worldwide shipping price the same maximum?  I kind of assume I am free to charge whatever shipping fee I want on ebay.ca as long as I don't provide a quote to ship to the USA  in the international shipping part of the listing?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maximum shipping cost

@redecan wrote:

I was relisting an item on ebay.ca and noticed an icon indicating that it was subject to a maximum shipping fee on ebay.com.  I don't know where I find out what the maximum ... is as that page doesn't tell me.

So I assume that since I am listing on ebay.ca and providing a shipping cost to ship to the USA that it is going to appear on ebay.com but my quoted shipping will be ignored in favor of whatever the maximum is.

You have to go to the help files on eBay.com to see the USA maximum shipping values for media.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/maximum_shipping.html

-..-

No. Your listing will still have whatever shipping price you set.

Your listing will not be seen on eBay.com if it is greater than the maximum allowed and you are using a flat rate for shipping. The listing will be seen if you use calculated shipping.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Maximum shipping cost

xeposter
Community Member

@redecan wrote:

I was relisting an item on ebay.ca and noticed an icon indicating that it was subject to a maximum shipping fee on ebay.com.  I don't know where I find out what the maximum fee is as that page doesn't tell me.

So I assume that since I am listing on ebay.ca and providing a shipping cost to ship to the USA that it is going to appear on ebay.com but my quoted shipping will be ignored in favor of whatever the maximum is.  This poses a number of questions.  Is the new worldwide shipping price the same maximum?  I kind of assume I am free to charge whatever shipping fee I want on ebay.ca as long as I don't provide a quote to ship to the USA  in the international shipping part of the listing?

Is this what you are talking about?

Max shipping cost.png

If so, you cannot go over whatever amount it shows UNLESS you do calculated shipping.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Maximum shipping cost

Not exactly, it is text that appears above that with no info on what the cost is:
Sellers who list items in this category on eBay.com are required to specify a shipping cost less than or equal to a maximum shipping cost.
To get better visibility in search results on eBay.com, we encourage you to enter a shipping cost less than or equal to this cost.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Maximum shipping cost

@redecan wrote:

I was relisting an item on ebay.ca and noticed an icon indicating that it was subject to a maximum shipping fee on ebay.com.  I don't know where I find out what the maximum ... is as that page doesn't tell me.

So I assume that since I am listing on ebay.ca and providing a shipping cost to ship to the USA that it is going to appear on ebay.com but my quoted shipping will be ignored in favor of whatever the maximum is.

You have to go to the help files on eBay.com to see the USA maximum shipping values for media.

-..-

No. Your listing will still have whatever shipping price you set.

Your listing will not be seen on eBay.com if it is greater than the maximum allowed and you are using a flat rate for shipping. The listing will be seen if you use calculated shipping.

-..-

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Maximum shipping cost

Was this a 'media' item, like a book or DVD?

Those are subject on dotCOM to a maximum Flat Rate of $4 including insurance.

US sellers can circumvent this by using Calculated Shipping.

But non-US sellers can't use Calculated Shipping on dotCOM.

But it makes no difference if you are listing on dotCA what your shipping rate is.

The note is just one of those warnings, like the one about Native American goods, or shipping discounts.

And your items show up just fine on dotCOM, although your total price may be higher than your American competitors.

This was the reason I switched most of my listings to dotCA several years ago, to list in US dolllars but be able to cover my shipping costs.

I am now in the process of moving any items that I can ship by Flat Rate LetterPost/LightPacket or Free Shipping back to dotCOM.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Maximum shipping cost

Could you provide a screen shot if possible?
Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Maximum shipping cost

Books (except cookbooks) are $6.00us (or about $7.50CA)
DVDs are also $6.00us (or about $7.50CA)
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Maximum shipping cost

by ypdc_dennis on ‎04-07-2016 11:00 AM
Books (except cookbooks) are $6.00us (or about $7.50CA)
DVDs are also $6.00us (or about $7.50CA)
Message 8 of 8
latest reply