Need to ship an item back . He can't send a shipping label. Must use eBay for shipping.

I purchased a note book. The item number is 230941040324.

I received the item but the screen is damaged.

I was told to return it for a replacement.  I asked if they would cover my shipping expense, they agreed.

Later I was informed that they were unable to send a shipping label because it was shipped from eBay warehouse.

I was told that shipping should come for your end

I am now somewhat confused.

Will you please give me some assistance??  Thanking you in advance.

Pat Veri ( aka tergalo )

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Need to ship an item back . He can't send a shipping label. Must use eBay for shipping.

There is no eBay warehouse.

EBay is just a website where many sellers advertise items for sale. Sellers arrange their own shipping.

Two possibilities.

You purchased from a US seller who uses the Global Shipping Program. In this case, he is right. He shipped the item to a plant in Kentucky from which it was sent on to Canada.

Alternatively, you did not buy the item on eBay at all and the seller is lying.

If you did buy on eBay and the listing says

Customs services and international tracking provided

Then your seller used the GSP and his responsibility is ended. But you are still okay. Open an Item Not As Described Dispute here:

http://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca/

And your money will be refunded. You may have to return the item with Delivery Confirmation (signature if you paid more than $250 USD including postage.)

Did you pay by Paypal?

If you did not buy on eBay but did pay by Paypal, the seller is going to get a shock.

Go here

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_complaint-view&nav=0.4

and open an Item Not As Described dispute as above.

Paypal's Buyer Protection is nearly as strong as eBay's.

In either case, don't count on the seller sending you a shipping label. He may, if he is honest, refund your postage when he gets the item back.

I doubt a USPS shipping label would do you any good in any case. A courier (UPS /FedEx ) label would work cross-border.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There is no eBay warehouse.

EBay is just a website where many sellers advertise items for sale. Sellers arrange their own shipping.

Two possibilities.

You purchased from a US seller who uses the Global Shipping Program. In this case, he is right. He shipped the item to a plant in Kentucky from which it was sent on to Canada.

Alternatively, you did not buy the item on eBay at all and the seller is lying.

If you did buy on eBay and the listing says

Customs services and international tracking provided

Then your seller used the GSP and his responsibility is ended. But you are still okay. Open an Item Not As Described Dispute here:

http://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca/

And your money will be refunded. You may have to return the item with Delivery Confirmation (signature if you paid more than $250 USD including postage.)

Did you pay by Paypal?

If you did not buy on eBay but did pay by Paypal, the seller is going to get a shock.

Go here

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_complaint-view&nav=0.4

and open an Item Not As Described dispute as above.

Paypal's Buyer Protection is nearly as strong as eBay's.

In either case, don't count on the seller sending you a shipping label. He may, if he is honest, refund your postage when he gets the item back.

I doubt a USPS shipping label would do you any good in any case. A courier (UPS /FedEx ) label would work cross-border.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi
I would like to thank you very much.
It was a chore getting through the site. I seemed to end up at the same page, not helpful.
Well now I'll see what the seller wants to follow up.
Again very much thanks
Pat
Message 3 of 3
latest reply