One Purchase, Two Paypal transactions: One for the item and one for shipping

slaeyne
Community Member

I recently purchased an item that had $15 international shipping through the Global Shipping Progam indicated. When I originally paid for it through Paypal, it went through as one transaction with the price of the item plus the $15.75 for shipping indicated. When I went back into PayPal to print a copy of the receipt, it showed up under 2 different transactions. The first one had the item plus $2.45 shipping under the sellers name and the other one had $13.29 for shipping only under a company name that I did not recognize. Can anyone advise if I should be concerned about this?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

One Purchase, Two Paypal transactions: One for the item and one for shipping

Was the company name Pitney Bowes?

That's the international company that runs the GSP.

The $2.45 goes to the shipper who will buy USPS (usually) shipping to the GSP plant in Erlanger KY.

Then PB/GSP uses the  $13.29 to pay applicable Canadian duty and Sales Taxes (usually its mostly tax) and takes a service charge of ~$5USD for their work in wrangling the purchase across the border.

Actual delivery will probably be by Canada Post.

So no worries.

BTW- once it is at the plant, tracking becomes difficult but it should reliably get to you within the next three weeks or less.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply