Community Member
Packages from China to Canada

This is a real problem now. Where it USED TO be 3-6 weeks , it is now 2-3 months. We were refunded on 3 items and 2 of them came after 3 months. As others have suspected, China Post probably should charge more for postage. The postage is probably not covering Canada Post expenses. This affects Amazon and Geek as well. It is not just an Ebay problem.

Dan

Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to techristian

Yes.

This has been discussed daily here.

Thank you for pointing out that this is not exclusively an eBay problem, but extends to all online buyers importing from China.

As you probably know, CBSA has also been cracking down on suspected fentanyl imports, so that makes the problem even greater.

Good to know that your sellers refunded you.

Did you know that you can return refunds when your purchases arrive by using Paypal's Send Money service? You just need to find your original transaction which has their PP address on it.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to techristian

The problem is not necessarily China Post, per se. It is a problem with delays due to Canada Customs inspection due to illegal drug smuggling into Canada from China via untraced lettermail. Google the search term 'China Mail Fentanyl' and you'll see some of what has hit the news lately.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to techristian

Agreed. I'm now avoiding buying from china. I had my last items arrive 3 months afterwards!