Policy that states delivery times?

I shipped a package to Kazakhstan. The package was taken to the post office in Canada on June 23, 2014. and was not delivered to destination until August 27, 2014. The method of shipping I used was Canada Post International Surface Parcel. This method is fully trackable. However the buyer opened a case of non delivery on July 15, 2014. The buyer won the case, as the package was still in transit and not delivered. I was told I could appeal the case if the package was received by the buyer within 45 days of the case closing. The package was delivered within the 45 days and when I went to appeal the case, I was told the original decision in the buyers favour was correct. The agent at eBay stated the shipping policy in place justified this outcome.

Can someone please provide me with the link that states a parcel must arrive within a specific time frame?

If the parcel is not received within this time frame the seller is at fault regardless if there is a confirmed delivery receipt? 

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The policy states "A buyer can report in My eBay that they didn't receive an item once the item's latest estimated delivery date has passed, and for 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date." http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#timelines From what I've read on other threads, sellers should not use surface shipping for international transactions because it takes way too long as you have found out. Use a faster method to avoid item not received disputes, negative feedback and seller defects. You choose a slow method so it is your fault. The delivery confirmation came 2 months after purchase and the dispute had been closed. I think you would have won the appeal if you could have proven the item was delivered within a more reasonable time like 30 days from end of sale. Just imagine how you'd feel if it took two months for your item to arrive. You would not be happy.
**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If an item is unsatisfactory, the buyer has the right to Dispute the transaction for 45 days after purchase.

Non-arrival is a pretty unsatisfactory state of affairs.

The Dispute does allow a further 20 days for arrival after the seller provides a Delivery Confirmation number.

But if the item still does not show as Delivered, PP will refund the buyer and come after the seller for the money.

Your mistake was choosing a service that normally takes two to three months for delivery. That's too long.

The Buyer pays for shipping. Do NOT give the buyer a choice on shipping services. He will choose the cheapest and then expect to receive his item within the 45 day deadline.

If Air Mail shipping is too expensive for the buyer, he can shop elsewhere.

Not every sale is worth having.

At this point, I hope you have been polite and friendly in communicating with the buyer because your best bet is to give him the tracking number and ask him to refund the refund when the item arrives. Most people are honest and you have a good chance of getting at least some of your money back from him.

But it was your mistake that caused the problem.

Hmm - since the parcel does now show delivered within the 45 days, I suggest you phone Paypal (not eBay) and appeal to a supervisor. It might work.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply