Almost 2 dozen items not being recieved from China to Canada is this the new scam??

Anyone else having this problem lately?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Almost 2 dozen items not being recieved from China to Canada is this the new scam??

@julieartcraft wrote:

Lots of threads in the Buyer Central forums.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/bd-p/23003

Cheap shipping (via boat) and understaffed customs (with more checking for drug smuggling) make for long delivery times.

My last purchase from Hong Kong (early autumn) was about 2 weeks past the eBay delivery time.

Take a look at the estimated delivery dates, you have 30 days after the last date to open an INR (Item-Not-Received) case on eBay and get your money refunded. You can repay the seller via paypal when it finally arrives.

You also have 180 days (about 6 months) to make a claim on PayPal if you miss eBay's deadline.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I've had several items not show up from China even weeks after the estimated due date and have gotten refunds for them. However, I just got one of those BS no reply emails from eBay stating...

- A pattern of receiving both the item and a refund for that same item from a seller.
- A pattern of filing excessive number of items not received claims.

Please be aware that if this activity continues, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limitations on your buying privileges or suspension of your account.

eBay, you never fail to disappoint me.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

oragex
Community Member

Items from China take 2 months to arrive to Canada, if they ever arrive.

There is but one single reason: CBSA Canada Border Services Agency is delaying items for inspection.  What's more, I have no idea what the Agency is doing with opened items that contain nothing illegal.  Do they tape the packages and send them to destination?

You can complain about the delays here  http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/feedback-retroaction-eng.html

Do not blame the Ebay sellers, or ask for refund: it will damage our image and soon China sellers will stop selling to Canada.  I have already noticed several don't ship to Canada any more.

The best choice, is to ask the seller to ship using Expres China post.  It costs an extra 1-2 dollars and takes 1 week to arrive.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@julieartcraft wrote:

Lots of threads in the Buyer Central forums.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/bd-p/23003

Cheap shipping (via boat) and understaffed customs (with more checking for drug smuggling) make for long delivery times.

My last purchase from Hong Kong (early autumn) was about 2 weeks past the eBay delivery time.

Take a look at the estimated delivery dates, you have 30 days after the last date to open an INR (Item-Not-Received) case on eBay and get your money refunded. You can repay the seller via paypal when it finally arrives.

You also have 180 days (about 6 months) to make a claim on PayPal if you miss eBay's deadline.

-..-

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I've had several items not show up from China even weeks after the estimated due date and have gotten refunds for them. However, I just got one of those BS no reply emails from eBay stating...

- A pattern of receiving both the item and a refund for that same item from a seller.
- A pattern of filing excessive number of items not received claims.

Please be aware that if this activity continues, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limitations on your buying privileges or suspension of your account.

eBay, you never fail to disappoint me.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

EBay is just doing their job, or part of their job. People who buy cheap things from China where delivery times are notoriously slow and then won't wait for them but instead file a claim as soon as they are able. Lately items from China are taking longer than every.

As the other poster said, you have 180 days on PayPal to file a claim. That is about 6 months. You may be able to repair some of the damage to your account by repaying the refunds to the sellers where the item has already arrived, and later repaying all those others when they finally arrive as well.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Items-not-showing-up/m-p/361997#U361997

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one in Canada who is NOT getting their parcels from China. Most parcels from China don't give good return addresses and most do not have a note inside saying who they are. I have made up a spreadsheet and as items are getting close to the 60 days, I have been filing a dispute and keeping a record. This is a lot of work for small amount items and I do alot of small item buying. Then I had to refund a refund. So I might just start keeping a record of no show items and file with Paypal after 100 days.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

All of mine are now well past 2 months I have made 1 refund and 1 recieved late.
will wait it out for the next 2 dozen orders.

le sigh...
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

oragex
Community Member

Items from China take 2 months to arrive to Canada, if they ever arrive.

There is but one single reason: CBSA Canada Border Services Agency is delaying items for inspection.  What's more, I have no idea what the Agency is doing with opened items that contain nothing illegal.  Do they tape the packages and send them to destination?

You can complain about the delays here  http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/feedback-retroaction-eng.html

Do not blame the Ebay sellers, or ask for refund: it will damage our image and soon China sellers will stop selling to Canada.  I have already noticed several don't ship to Canada any more.

The best choice, is to ask the seller to ship using Expres China post.  It costs an extra 1-2 dollars and takes 1 week to arrive.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

i Havent received many items too. I ordered them in november. Not sure ill ever get them. Canada post problems i assume. Im looking into it maybe even do a complaint to canada post.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I haven't received several items that were ordered from China in December 2016. It's been more than 2.5 months. I have no idea what is going on, but it used to be much better in 2015 and first half of 2016.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I've been buying items from China for years and not just on Ebay.  I've recently noticed that items have been taking an unreasonably long time to arrive (8-10 weeks) given what I've been used to.  And I've had several items just not show up at all.  The sellers are always good about refunding me as they don't want negative feedback.  But I tend to get a standard email about three weeks after the item is sent preparing me for the possibility of even long delays.  So, yea, I too have been wondering if there is a new scam happening with these low-cost type of transactions.  

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I'm at 4 months now with about 12 packages waiting....

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I'm at 4 months now with about 12 packages waiting....
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Just an update. I live on Vancouver Island in B.C. I am getting items from China that are post marked in November. I know Vancouver Customs is backlogged but this is really back for both sellers and buyers.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

One item arrived after 4 months!
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I think Canada Post is still using dog sleds..
Message 15 of 15
latest reply