China to Canada packages

kenadeesmommy
Community Member

I was just wonderingif anyone knows anything about china to Ontario canada deliveries. I ordered a feseparate items on eBay and they were shipped on march 22 and march 26. Now it was shipped through china post regular free shipping of course, and I havbeen tracking them, my question is the information for both packages hasn't been updated since march 27 and april 1, I'm trying to be as patient as I can as I know it coulstake some time, on average how long will it take and also shouldn't it have been updated by now, what'sfooling on, what does that mean, sorry for being so long thank you!!!!

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

China to Canada packages

Hi ..Economy shipping from China can take a month. Just keep in mind that disputes for items not received should be filed in the resolution center of your PayPal account by day 43 from payment date.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

China to Canada packages

Hi ..Economy shipping from China can take a month. Just keep in mind that disputes for items not received should be filed in the resolution center of your PayPal account by day 43 from payment date.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

kenadeesmommy
Community Member

Okay thank you so much, now Ikind of wished I got express lol they are just small packages over 20 each bit small anyway hopefully they come soon it's twoweeks tomorrow so I guess I'll just have to make sure I keep track of the time

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

oskye
Community Member

I've had stuff from China easily take 4 week, sometimes more than 6.  Important to know - the economy shipping (that they give for free) is Ground service - NOT airmail. So, it IS coming by slow boat. 😉

I have had little, if any, trouble with these sellers. They usually very polite, eager to please, much easier to deal with than many Nor Americans! And I enjoy (and admire) their English (which is miles better than my Chinese!).

If you haven't received the item and it is getting close to the 45 day mark, contact them. Most will be happy to refund and ask you to repay if the item arrives. Or they will resend.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

masonres
Community Member
I'm still waiting for mine, it was shipped with the same method as yours. I ordered on the 5th of March, but as oskye mentions, they are usually very reasonable to deal with.
Message 5 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

a few years had past, my experience is that the delivery time started from 30 to 40 days in the past, and it takes over 60 days easily... and sometimes, my longest wait is 90 days....
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

a few years had past, my experience is that the delivery time started from 30 to 40 days in the past, and it takes over 60 days easily... and sometimes, my longest wait is 90 days....
Message 7 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

oragex
Community Member
Please don't blame or require refund from the Chinese sellers.

The reason why packages take over 2 months to arrive, it's because of the Canada Border (CBSA) agency. They block the packets for weeks for inspection and I wonder if they tape back small packages or they simply threw them to the garbage.

You can complain at  http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/feedback-retroaction-eng.html
Message 8 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

Packages are now taking up to 3 months coming into Canada from China.....beware Canadian customs are being dicks and slowing down the mail considerably more and more over the years! 😞

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

I have 8 outstanding parcels from China 5 of them ordered 10 weeks ago, and one 13 weeks ago that I have totally given up on. What I find concerning is that ALL my parcels are missing.

If this is a Canada wide problem which it appears to be from the comments here, eBay owes us the Canadian buyers a warning that there is a Problem with the delivery system.

If either the volume of parcels from China is so overwhelming or the postage paid is not covering Canada Posts costs, they need to be open with both the online sellers and buyers that this is the situation, and work out a solution. I would be happy to pay a little more if it meant I would receive my items.
Message 10 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

Hi elegantlady 7. Join the club, I have things I ordered on November 11th 2016 and so far no delivery. I've also ordered from another site that ships from China and not a sign of my package either. I contacted the seller and she said it arrived in Canada. My tracking information stopped updating when the items left China. I think it's an issue with Canada Customs. I wonder why, it has never happened before. I used to wait 4 weeks max.
Message 11 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

Another problem is that if buyers start asking for refunds due to non-delivery, Chinese sellers are going to exclude Canada. Since PayPal gives 180 days to open a claim, I will wait a little longer.
Message 12 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

Running into the same issue. Packages ordered back in the last few months of 2016 are taking between 2-3 months now, instead of the normal 1-2.
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

An item I purchased was shipped Nov 7, 2016 from China and I finally received it today (Jan 27, 2017). That's almost 12 weeks long. This is the longest I've ever waited for an item. I too believe this was a problem caused by Canada Customs. In the past, they probably didn't scan every single item, but I guess they do now, which slows the delivery substantially. I almost wrote the seller asking for refund. So be patient, your package will arrive. Most sellers are honest.
Message 14 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

I have probably 20 items past due. Customs is # 1 problem. My Postal delivery guy said they (have a mountain)and are piling them up at the sorting center in Calgary. They bring in a crew and sort them all at once. So who knows?
Message 15 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

Memo to China : charge a little more for your items to cover International Freight.
Message 16 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

I have made several buys on eBay from China and Hong Kong since mid October 2016. Out of approximately 15 items, I have received 2-3 items and it is now January 31/2017. I have fought with eBay as well as the merchants and now I don't have any tolerance and demand a refund after waiting for the latest delivery date listed. I am down to 3 remaining items coming due and when this is all over, I will no longer shop eBay for anything. Many items I ordered were for Christmas presents and made me look like a fool. I figured ordering in October, I had enough time to receive them.
Apparently not. I have also noted that there are other alternatives to eBay that ship quickly and have decent pricing.
eBay prices are not always the greatest and I have found, Living in Canada.... buying from the U.S. is a complete rip off. The prices are inflated as well as the shipping costs.... Now there is also an import charge! eBay, you can keep it...I am done with you.
Message 17 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

I had a package dated Nov 3rd, that arrived on Jan 25th. Still a few missing from similar order date around November / late October. Luckily my sellers were able to refund me first.
Message 18 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

I've ordered 2 items from two separate China sellers on December 26, it's now 37 days later and I still haven't gotten my shipment. The seller won't do anything for me. In this past year, I always received my packages within 2 weeks TOPS. This is ridiculous, I wait almost a month for a few pieces of aluminum metal/screws. Anyways, the seller is not to blame. It's customs. Canada shipping is terrible, and the CAD has no purchasing power whatsoever.

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

China to Canada packages

I'm still waiting on items I've purchased on: Oct 11 (I'm going to assume these are gone forever) Nov 1st, Nov 12th, Nov 30th, multiples on Dec 5th and Dec 6th. Tracking shows the packages left China within a couple of days and then nothing. I've got refunds for some of them and just put in for refunds on a few more. I have no issue re-sending payment if the package arrives, but no far none have actually arrived.

Then I decided to re-order the items that didn't arrive from other sellers...I am thinking this is a bad idea and it'll be another 3 months of waiting.

Now I feel bad for the sellers. I'm just out some time, but they are out cash.

I am also concerned for my Ebay account. While doing a search for slow packages from China, I have read they disable accounts for too many claims?
Message 20 of 33
latest reply